• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pure-Gas (Ethanol Free)

I recently filled my car with ethanol free gasoline. An independent gas station opened up in Quilcene, Wa., which sells it in 87 and 92 octane. The cost was $4.35 for 87 and $4.55 for 92 octane. I filled it with 92 for about the same price as premium with 10% ethanol. I didn't notice a huge difference, but the car seems to like it. Maybe it's just psychological... Does anyone have strong feelings about ethanol in gasoline.

Here is a link to a site which maps "Pure-Gas" stations.

http://pure-gas.org/

Tom

This topic has been discussed here before. There is also a station in Issaquah.

My 02 seems to like it. I think I get slightly better mileage. There are some benefits with respect to corrosion, which is a side effect of ethanol. But it's not like my car runs that much better. So I don't use the ethanol-free gas all the time. Since I have a newly restored and lined gas tank, I'm not that worried about corrosion.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Wow Ray! Environmentalists and old car nerds actually AGREE on something. Thanks for sharing. I've heard / seen the nightmares regarding ethanol and fuel hoses / fuel pumps. Vigilance in inspecting fuel system parts regularly might be the only answer. My poor Kugelfischer gnashes it's teeth in fear! :(

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

So, which refiners are refining and distributing non-ethanol blended fuel?

Only ethanol free fuels listed in Maine are at small airports and a marina.

The economies of scale don't make sense that some stations would get 'pure gas'. It comes down to state regulations regarding labeling on the pump, if it doesn't say 'ethanol blended fuel' on the label, it doesn't mean it's 'pure-gas'.

http://www.ehow.com/list_7371096_gas-do-not-add-ethanol.html

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

lotsa etanol and a hot motor can pass an emissions test! Give gray pipes and sunoco leaded Please!

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

I can tell you that the gas mileage is about 10% less with 10% Ethanol. SO, what's the point.

I drive from Dallas, TX to Long Beach, CA about every 6 to 7 weeks. One trip I took my daughter's Hybrid Civic and bought the E10 gas one way and pure gas the other way. Difference was significant and noticeable. Mileage on E10 was average of 36.8MPG and on pure gas was 41.1MPG.

Other casual observation is that around town it seems to make about 6% difference per tank.

I want my old UNION 76 Premium Gas. California times, when they start making us walk to work once a week... lol

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

...California times, when they start making us walk to work once a week... lol

Could be interesting.

Google says it will take me 21 hours and 42 minutes to walk from my house to my work 66 miles away.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes