• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lawn Power tools

pkbinplano

well my Ryobi crap took a dump. Again. Went out and bought a new Toro blower/mulcher and Toro weed eater. Really wanted Echo brand but I have all the Expandit attachments that I really like and Echo doesn't offer weed eaters that use them. Anybody have good luck with Toro ? Warranty seems good. First impression after using them is bad ass. Plenty of power. I have a Snapper 7.0 HP mower I love. Second snapper. First one was an old one with low HP that couldn't cut the mustard when I moved in to this new house years back that has very thick grass. Cant say enough good about Snapper mowers

Well, I've used Homelite (Ryobi) and hated em, Toro wasn't a whole lot better in my opinion. My Echo is nice because it's an industrial model with a BIG motor which was given to me broken. But when it comes down to it for a typical home owner a Stihl FS55R is VERY hard to beat, good price, great support, and they are just good weedwackers. Worth every penny in my opinion. An FS130R is hard to beat though, but much more expensive. The power in one of those is amazing and great for any heavy work. But your Toro will probably be about the same quality as your Ryobi in the end.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Honda lawn equipment is very good. My folks put up with crappy Sears/Craftsman, Lawn boy (plastic carburetors!) and various other makes before they purchased a Honda push mower.

Stihl equipment is also very good. They make chain saws and string trimmers in Virginia Beach (near the Oceana Naval Station). Very good customers to the company I work for.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Honda lawn equipment is very good. My folks put up with crappy Sears/Craftsman, Lawn boy (plastic carburetors!) and various other makes before they purchased a Honda push mower.

Stihl equipment is also very good. They make chain saws and string trimmers in Virginia Beach (near the Oceana Naval Station). Very good customers to the company I work for.

Hey! I pass by their factory just about twice a day and have a friend who has worked there for years, I say go with Stihl.

Hey! I pass by their factory just about twice a day and have a friend who has worked there for years, I say go with Stihl.

Interesting. A few years ago, I did a job at the Siemens plant located at the entrance to the Norfolk Airport. They make fuel injectors there, so we had to "gown up" with booties, hair nets, etc. before entering their clean room.

Back in the mid '90's, I worked on a large project for Cooper Industries/ Wagner Lighting in Hampton Roads. They made headlights for Chrysler and some GM vehicles. Sadly, they closed the plant down and went to Mexico.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"