• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remove tii oil filter mount

Andy74tii

I am trying to get enough room to drill out my broken alternator bolt, and it seems like I will have better access if I remove the oil filter mount housing. Already removed the battery, alternator, air filter, etc.

Is there any trick to this, as long as the oil is drained, and oil filter off? Is it just a matter of removing bolts?

Thanks,

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126

There should also be 2 6mm bolts holding the injection pump support bracket to the filter housing (kind of tucked up under the pump and hard to see from above) on top of the 3 8mm bolts holding the filter housing to the block

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but it's such a great thing when something works well! I was using a 1/8" left hand bit, which was somewhat dull, and made almost no progress with my ryobi right angle cordless drill. I stopped in at Ace Hardware 3 mins before they closed and bought a new LH 1/8 drill. I bore into it, and about3 seconds later, the broken bolt backs out slicker than s**t!!! What a victory!!

Andy74tii

FAQ Member #126