• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C Condenser mounting question

bnam

I have a BEHR/York system that I'd like to mount back on the car and get it working in time for summer.

I just got the condenser cleaned up and ready to mount when I noticed that my car has only 3 of the L shaped mounting brackets -- missing one lower one.

Is this bracket the same for all the 02 AC condensers? I want to put a WTB ad, but don't have a part number so want to be sure what I ask for and get.

Thx!

Byas

Delk is a dummy but if we are talking the part in frt of the Raditor get the biggest universal that fits and put in . Behr was marginal A/C at best. The Houston 02's had that listed years ago

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

I have a BEHR/York system that I'd like to mount back on the car and get it working in time for summer.

I just got the condenser cleaned up and ready to mount when I noticed that my car has only 3 of the L shaped mounting brackets -- missing one lower one.

Is this bracket the same for all the 02 AC condensers? I want to put a WTB ad, but don't have a part number so want to be sure what I ask for and get.

Thx!

Byas

Byas,

The tii register has, online, versions of the original Behr A/C Installation Instructions and Replacement Parts List. You can print them out. They even have a concordance showing how the Behr part number translates into the BMW parts number.

But, I don't believe the bracket you're referring to has a parts number inscribed on it (and the part is certainly NLA). You may be better off simply attaching a photo of the matching bracket you do have or a scan of the relevant illustration from the Behr parts list. It's a simple "L" bracket with 3 holes. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate (and paint black to match the originals). Occasionally you see parts cars with 1 or 2 condenser brackets still attached.

The condenser for the Behr A/C is different from the condensers (and mounting brackets) used by the Clardy and Frigiking units.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Yes, I do have both BEHR docs. The part I need is the lower bracket on the pass side.

Thanks for the information on the non-interchangability with Frigiking and Clardy.

Will continue looking for this part.

Byas

Just go stop by home depot and buy some aluminum stock ½” or 3/4" wide and bend it in a vise. Paint it black and you are done it’s in the hardware isle.

The shot of the condenser from the inside of the engine bay does not look like it will last that long. It will need good airflow to be efficient exchanger for the gas inside. It looks clogged up or corroded hard to tell from the picture.

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

The shot of the condenser from the inside of the engine bay does not look like it will last that long. It will need good airflow to be efficient exchanger for the gas inside. It looks clogged up or corroded hard to tell from the picture.

That was an old picture before I straightened the fins using a "comb" borrowed from Bill Riblett. I still have your compressor bracket awaiting an upgrade to my tii.

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"