• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 2002 manual package contents question

jgerock

Can someone please help me out on what normally is included in a '69 2002 regarding manuals? The seller said he would include the manuals, but I think there are several versions.

What version of the Service location booklet and owner's manual should be with the car?

I have an extra Golde sunroof booklet just in case my car doesn't arrive with one.

Anything else I should look (hope) for?

Here is what my 73tii had when it was sold to a PO.

owner_manuals.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

My 68 was bookless but I assembled one with the correct year from various ebay purchases--when collecting mine I noticed that There are variations year to year for when things like Auto trans became available, but the bulk of the book is the same 68 through early 71 cars. From memory, my 71 1600 has a Owner's Handbook, Service records Book with stamps (this is the book that will have the original owners name, date of purchase, dealer signatures, etc), US Handbook Supplement, Service Stations Overseas book. I also have a yellow battery card, but nothing for the dealer installed Becker or Red Tip. I may have an extra 2002 handbook and supplement from 1969 if your copy is tattered.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--

This is what was in the glovebox when I took delivery on my new '69--and is still in the glovebox:

Owners manual (Nevada colored cover, dated late 1968)

US supplement to the manual--for cars produced after VIN 1664761 with the "second series" '69 changes

Golde sunroof pamphlet (obviously for sunroof-equipped cars)

Varta battery warranty

Dealership listing--worldwide

Warranty booklet and maintenance record

All were in a blue plastic case with a transparent cover.

Keys: on a metal ring with a greyish cardboard tag with a BMW roundel and the VIN handwritten on the tag

* two folding ignition keys; one black-finished steel ign key

* two nickel-plated brass trunk keys

I think that was about it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite