• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Urgent*need a heater valve to fix leaking 1, bay area buy?

1971Ginger

I am sorry for placing wanted ads on here but I really need a new heater valve to fix a leaking one I had from Frankenstein rebuild. If someone in the bay area has a heater valve they can sell me for a reasonable price tomorrow, I will come to pick it up. Please email me at 1971ginger@gmail.com or give me your contact info on here. Without this valve I cannot drive Ginger and thus I am desperately looking to get a working but used valve. For the wanted ad the link is here:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/p,930382/#930382

THANKS!

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Have you tried Double 02 in Hayward? They are one of the biggest (if not the biggest) used and new BMW parts seller in the Bay Area.

I've had good luck finding odd and used parts there. Very knowledgeable people, but make sure to specifically ask for Dean or someone who knows the 2002s. Everyone there is helpful, but some of the younger guys don't really know the 02's well enough to give you accurate info.

I highly suggest them in your quest for the heater valve.

have you tried rebuilding it? I did this about eight years ago on mine. It involves 2 rubber ring washers and an industrial supply store or maybe an ACE hardware store. I have the specs somewhere in my records, I'll see if I can find them today.

Dave

72 tii "tupelo Honey"

12 mini clubman

67 gt-6 "##%^&*#%^%@!"

72 tii, tupelo honey

67 gt-6 ###%&$*;###!!

03 z-4 name undecided

12 fiat 500s quiche lorraine

If you have some spare heater hose and maybe some copper pipe, bends etc, you can bypass the heater core. That should keep you going until you can rebuild your own or replace.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

If you have some spare heater hose and maybe some copper pipe, bends etc, you can bypass the heater core. That should keep you going until you can rebuild your own or replace.

I'll echo this advice. Since you'll need the smaller diameter valve from an early car (I assume) it might take a little longer to find a good one or rebuild - you can also order a new one from your dealer for ~$125ish. I'd just replace the valve with a little section of pipe that works with the 14mm hoses and just take time to find a good valve.

WATER VALVE --- 03/1966 04/1972 --- 64 11 4 474 105

20106.jpg

--> 1968 2002 <--

For under $15 you should be able to go to any plumbing supply buy a valve with threads on both ends and get two barbed nipples. Put the whole thing together with some Teflon tape and put it in there.

That's what I'm planning, That way I can take the time to rebuild the valve and still have control of need be.

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

personally, I don't recommend bypassing the heater core by installing a connecting loop from inlet to outlet. I did that last summer and the engine "immediately" overheated.

If you plan to take the heater core out of the cooling loop, I recommend just simply plugging the existing cooling hoses that connect to heater inlet & outlet. I put in a tight-fit wooden dowel and hose-clamped it tightly. Worked great for the couple of weeks necessary to rebuild the heater box.

Cheers,

Carl