• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002tii Philly area

skinnyd

I checked out this car last week, very well sorted, and maintained. A clean tii definitely worth a look if you're in the market. Comes with OG wheels and a set of BWA's in addition to the ones on the car. Aftermarket racing seats installed, orginals included as well. Lots of extras. Though not concours, it is one of the cleanest, most solid 02's I've seen in the area for sure. The gentleman selling was super nice so I thought I'd give him a plug as the car is a little above what I have to spend at the moment.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/2934095620.html

2008 135i

1972 2002 Sold

1968 2002ti (no longer w/ us)

I looked at this car last year when I was searching.

It has rust in the rockers, bubbling in front fenders and doors and every panel on the car has some sort of imperfection.

It would need body/rust work and a paint job. The clearcoat that was put on at some point is peeling from the roof and hood if I remember correctly. engine and tranny could use a rebuild from what I recall. I have seen and driven so many 02s in the last year that sometimes I get the cars confused.

The seller is a nice guy for sure. I think he used the car for some sort of driving events or as an instructor or something like that. In my opinion it would be a good car if you were going to dump alot of money into to restore back to its glory.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Tiny bit of rust on one of the rockers, other than that it is a very solid car. Garage kept. Not mine not trying to sell it. Just wanted to pass it along. It is alot of tii for the $$$!

Maybe we saw two different cars?!?!?!

IMG_0204.jpg

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

UUUGGH! I'm just passing it along! With some negotiation one could have a nice affordable driver. It's got character, not nearly as much as Wegweiser's tii, but one hell of alot more any garage queen.

Agreed! For the right price, it could be a nice car.

I saw this car a few weeks ago and drove it.

Body:

It needs a lot of work, but the bones are good. The rockers don't have the original seem and they are both bubbling. Rust in the nose/fender by the passenger side headlight, and rear passenger wheel arch is bubbling bad.

The lacquer paint is crackling all through the horizontal surfaces... needs a lot of bodywork.

Interior:

Need a new back seat and the original front seats are not good (driver side ripped).

Mechanicals:

Did not smoke when starting it up cold

2nd and 3rd syncros are bad in the 4 speed

Thermo time switch is rigged up with a bypass switch

Car doesn't pull as strong as it should

Windshield was installed poorly and squeaks like crazy

I made an offer but it wasn't enough for the seller. I liked the color.

- Todd

www.72tii.com

Saint Peters, PA

Malaga 1972 2002tii

Polaris 1972 2000tii Touring

Golf 1973 2002tii

I saw this car a few weeks ago and drove it.

Body:

It needs a lot of work, but the bones are good. The rockers don't have the original seem and they are both bubbling. Rust in the nose/fender by the passenger side headlight, and rear passenger wheel arch is bubbling bad.

The lacquer paint is crackling all through the horizontal surfaces... needs a lot of bodywork.

Interior:

Need a new back seat and the original front seats are not good (driver side ripped).

Mechanicals:

Did not smoke when starting it up cold

2nd and 3rd syncros are bad in the 4 speed

Thermo time switch is rigged up with a bypass switch

Car doesn't pull as strong as it should

Windshield was installed poorly and squeaks like crazy

I made an offer but it wasn't enough for the seller. I liked the color.

Good assesment of the car and I agree completely. I had made an offer when I saw it last year and the seller was pretty firm on his price as well.