• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vespa p200e price check

skylund

I know there are a couple Vespa guys here. I am considering getting a summer project to have ready for the campus commute next year, and am looking for something in the cheap-$1200 range.

I saw this: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/2920707454.html

I would be comfortable redoing the wiring if needs be. Is this price way up there? Its hard to know without inspection, but is this even worth looking into? I know some will probably scoff at the price, but like our beloved '02s, even the cheap projects are going up and up. I'm just curious of a veteran's first impression.

Thanks!

'71 inka 'Ingrid'

There's this one on Ebay. May serve as a comparison.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vincent-P200E-Vespa-P-200-E-Vincent-Lambretta-scooter-Mod-Punk-oldschool-vintage-Ska-british-c-/230776676140?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item35bb5c9f2c

I had a Lambretta LI 175 back in the '60s (UK) mod era. I never liked the look of the Vespa. The Lambretta's in the UK now are fetching some real high $$$$.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

There's a story that the grass is so green.

Nice! (though this one is hardly a GS!). I finally gave in to my inner-Mod and picked this guy up tonight once the seller came down on the price. Its pretty rough to look at, but runs well and will finally let me check 'Vespa' off of the 'things I've always wanted to own' list.

'71 inka 'Ingrid'