• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for good street-able camber plates/solid strut mount

Meintii

Im tired of these old rubber front strut mounts that keep cracking every few years... Im ready to get some urethane strut mounts or street fixed camber plates or something.. anything but these rubber struts mounts! watcha got for me? Dont have coil overs yet...some that I can use with my tii struts and ie springs would be great!

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

I've got a used set of the Ireland Engineering Adjustable Camber Plates that I'll sell for $100 plus shipping. They are currently on one of my cars and will be removed on Monday. I'm switching back to the stock rubber strut bearings and fixed camber plates. Let me know if you're interested. The adjustable camber plates retail for $295 from Ireland Engineering. Thanks,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Guest Anonymous
I've got a used set of the Ireland Engineering Adjustable Camber Plates that I'll sell for $100 plus shipping. They are currently on one of my cars and will be removed on Monday. I'm switching back to the stock rubber strut bearings and fixed camber plates. Let me know if you're interested. The adjustable camber plates retail for $295 from Ireland Engineering. Thanks,

John

Hey john can you email please? I have a few questions for ya. 20meintii02@gmail.com

Thanks!

John

Hey John, I'll take those plates if no one else does. PM me if so.

Not sure I'd go with solid mount. Too harsh for the street.

The rubber mounts i've picked up that are OEM BMW dont seem to have issues with cracking. I've put some track miles on my setup and they are holding up fine. I've driven mine on NYC streets, which are about as bad as it gets with no issues.

However, you might like a fixed camber plate setup, helps turn-in a little and is good for the street without killing tire wear.

Kmac makes a set of mounts that are urethane, might be what you are looking for. I have these on my M3.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

Not sure I'd go with solid mount. Too harsh for the street.

The rubber mounts i've picked up that are OEM BMW dont seem to have issues with cracking. I've put some track miles on my setup and they are holding up fine. I've driven mine on NYC streets, which are about as bad as it gets with no issues.

However, you might like a fixed camber plate setup, helps turn-in a little and is good for the street without killing tire wear.

Kmac makes a set of mounts that are urethane, might be what you are looking for. I have these on my M3.

What Justin is saying makes a lot of sense. These plates are more suited for a track car I think.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Zac -

What brand of upper strut bearings did you install that are wearing prematurely? Do you have the sealing caps on to keep moisture out?

I installed the Ireland fixed camber plates and stock type strut mounts (from Blunt).

pics792010016.jpg

pics7112010010.jpg

From Vintage 2011 (you and Chris Isaccson talking tii) - caps not installed.

DSC_0630.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"