• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 72 or 73 2002tii or 2002 w/sunroof

peytonplace

Any color/interior combo?

If you get a '73 Verona, we'll match.

Happy hunting.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Don't settle for a low-cost tii that will be too much of a project.

Are you willing to travel to either inspect or drive the car back home?

If you are shipping the car, plan on budgeting more than the shipper/broker quotes you just in case of schedule changes or if the car doesn't run (!?XL!@@#$).

No matter how nice the car looks in pictures, plan on spending a bunch to get the gremlins worked out and make it how you want it to be.

IF the car has been modified by a PO, make sure the work was done safely and not just botched together to sell it.

Watch out for new paint jobs, especially ones that don't have the jambs and underhood areas sprayed to match.

A better body with tired mechanical bits may be a wiser choice than fresh mechanicals and rusty body.

Buy a car with a color that you can live with.

IMO, the old air conditioning systems in 2002's is not worth the extra weight/aggravation unless you absolutely must have it. Quite a few tii's that I have inspected have had the A/C pulled.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

Hi Andrew: Thanks for your note. My preference would be to find one in either Malaga or Fjord, but condition is more important.

I'd like to see your CSi and be able to compare notes. Would you like to meet somewhere half way between?

John

I wanted a Malaga to replace the one I let go. Very happy that I 'settled' for Verona...condition is everything.

Yes, we should get the coupes together, as soon as my new dist cap and rotor arrive. I'll be in touch.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40