• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front turn signal installation

redphu72

My car doesn't have turn signals, just wondering how they install. I forgot to look for the terminal ends on the wires to see how the connection is made. I'm picking up the car tomorrow so I'll have a better idea; I figure I'd ask in the meantime. Thanks.

The cables connected to the bulbs are positive. There are no negative/return cables for the front signal light assemblies. Since the assemblies are connected directly to the body, they act as the return current channels to the battery aided by their sheet metal screws. It's a good practice to make sure that the screws and the holes are clean.

Gurmail

1968 BMW 1600

Ensure you get the parking wire to the parking terminal and the turn signal wire to the signal terminal.

If reversed you end up with a very bright park light and signal light so dim you can not see it with the very bright park light.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

The previous owner left me with one blue wire with a soldered end. I attached this into the spring loaded push pin connector on the euro signals. Lights don't come on. Is there a correct orientation to how the light bulb-particularly the two raised dots on the metal part of the bulb-sits in the housing. Front headlights work low/hi, brake light works, and reverse works.

Forgot to mention these are euro lights.