• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii 4mm Tool Clarification.

Just so I'm clear.

I've been told, read, and seen DIY mechanics using a 4mm rod or drillbit to set the TunaCan cam to benchmark the KF fuel/air. The cam resting up against the edge of the 4mm rod/drillbit.

Now I've seen the best picture of an ACTUAL 4mm BMW tool. Is it possible that I've been setting up my KF wrong?

During setup should the cam rest against the 1 or 2 position on the tool as shown below? If it is #2 then what is that diameter?

Thanks,

Paul Winterton

Vancouver Canada

73 Inka Tii #2762958

orhs79.jpg

73 Inka Tii #2762958

Proper tool will bottom out in indexing hole before larger radius section can contact the cam.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

That's enough clarification for me.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

Here are the dimensions of the original BMW tool, out of the Kugelfischer maintenance manual

PagesfromKugelfischerFactoryManual.jpg

Here is the picture of the original 4mm tools, three generations on top, a reproduction, and a 4mm dowel pin that does the exact same thing because the 4mm is the only dimension that matters in this tool.

L1180936.jpg

William

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Pepe,

El mango de madera es un toque de elegancia....me estás dando ideas!

saludos.

La verdad, era un destornillador viejo de mi padre al que le corté el mango para otros usos. Con lo que quedó hice la herramienta.

Me alegra ver una respuesta en castellano. Gracias. Saludos: Pepe (España)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest, it was an old screwdriver of my father. I cut the handle for certain aplication. Then I took the handicaped screwdriver to make the KF tool.

Good to see some words in my mother tongue. Thanks. Pepe, Spain.

Jim,

Did you ever check how your engine was running with the the throttle completely closed? Was there an airleak thru the warm up regulator hose? Or is the throttle not fully closed?

B

I never got that far. It has been running fine ever since the last round of adjustments.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"