• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT-finally returned to BMW as my daily driver.

2002Monster

Hi 02 Monster!

I don't know much about the V8 in your car but I have an 2006 E61 530xit with I6 and 6 speed manual. The base E60 range doesn't really come with any sporting intentions, but for my purposes I'm a fan. I haven't had any abnormal problems with my wagon, but then again--I only have 52 thousand miles on it. These 5ers were heavily criticized when they arrived on our shores in 2004--but to be honest, the now 10+ year old design has aged rather gracefully and in this FAQers opinion has better proportions than the new model. Since BMW only had a few wagon buyers in the US, we are now stuck with the horrid 5er/Aztec hybrid that is the 5 series GT--the ultimate Geriatric Transit machine. I realize that pedestrian safety is of great importance (at least in Europe anyway) but most large BMW sedans now have a rather horrid looking flat nose, not cool, not interesting and not for me. (done ranting)

I think you'll like your 5--it's just about the right size for most situations.

Ben

--> 1968 2002 <--