• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beer here! Recommended by 02 drivers.

Koblenz

Used to be a big fan of Lagunitas up until the Brown Suga debacle of 2011. :^P

We've been going down a Belgian beer road lately, which is funny because when we were in Belgium a couple of years ago we couldn't find a good beer to save our lives. They must hide it from the tourists.

My new favorite beers come from Allagash. Well, yeah, they are from Maine, but they are brewing some good stuff. Their Curieux is really tasty.

Anderson Valley's Brother David's Tripple is great.

My wife's new favorite is De Dolle's 'Mad Bitch'. On our next trip to Brugges we NOW know where to go to find a good beer in Belgium.

Now...you could have had this as an on topic thread if you would have asked what beer do you drink while wrenching on the 02.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new favorite beers come from Allagash. Well, yeah, they are from Maine, but they are brewing some good stuff. Their Curieux is really tasty.

Anderson Valley's Brother David's Tripple is great.

Funny you should post this I was gonna post Curieux as one of my all time faves. Pretty much anything from the Lost Abbey is awesome too. I still have one bottle of Westvleteren 12 left waiting for a special occasion.

As an aside Steve, I got to hang out with Nelson Vails at the track the other night, he was in town and stopped by to watch some racing at the track where he got his start, it was pretty cool.

74 Golf

As an aside Steve, I got to hang out with Nelson Vails at the track the other night...

Funnier still:

1985/6, I was riding at Dominguez Hills. My buddy was giving me a ride back in the back of his Jeep. I had my Bianchi track bike hooked over his roll bar. On the freeway, a BMW 6 series passes us, slows back down, the driver leans over, smiles and gives me a thumbs up before speeding away. His license plate said 84 SLVR.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

i like

Lucky Lager,

and the puzzles under the cap keep me entertained for hours trying to figure them out. none better...

Mickey 'big mouths', too

Miller High Life,

Schlitz Malt Liquor

Colt 45

Coors Lite

Pabst Blue Ribbon

Milwaukee's Finest

add an ice cube or two for an extra special treat.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Like 742002, I"m a fan of Uerige in Dusseldorf. Admittedly this is as much about the experience as the beer, but it's great stuff. As for "local" beers one of my regulars is Trumer Pils, it's made right here in Berkeley and is a great clean and fresh pilsner.

iba306.jpgiba304.jpg

As an aside Steve, I got to hang out with Nelson Vails at the track the other night...

Funnier still:

1985/6, I was riding at Dominguez Hills. My buddy was giving me a ride back in the back of his Jeep. I had my Bianchi track bike hooked over his roll bar. On the freeway, a BMW 6 series passes us, slows back down, the driver leans over, smiles and gives me a thumbs up before speeding away. His license plate said 84 SLVR.

I remember you mentioning that so that is why I threw it out there, I was gonna ask him if he still had the BMW but didn't figure he still did haha.

74 Golf

there is local brewer just down the street here...the bitter and the stout are my favorites. when i get friends i get few 1.9L Growler.

There is a pub also that is right at the center intercetion in Lennoxville here, right next to Bishop university. Very cool.

label_bitter.jpg

label_stout.jpg

brewed_in_et.jpg

http://www.lionlennoxville.com/lion_home.html

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

my favorite is at the end of a job! In this situation, engine was installed.

Yesterday-Today_0003.jpg

Don

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

• Administrators
Orval and Chimay Blue are good...but Rochefort 10 is best!

Tommy

Rochefort+10a.jpg

I have to agree with that statement on Belgium beers.

But here are my locals :)

Lagunitas Sampler:

7094840059_34b5eebaf9_b.jpg

Lagunitas sampler by misfit76, on Flickr

Russian River Brewery:

6948795140_0c2bd34632_b.jpg

412058_2613014202277_1162687513_32300416_1817708726_o by misfit76, on Flickr

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

Great choice, we love The Kona Brewing Company , the best Pizza on the big island.The brew with Kona Coffee is excellent too.

My fave beer is Boddingtons though , truth be known :)

schittttttt sorry i didnt bring the rIGHT stuff

note to self never bring a englishman english beer....jk limey