• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beer here! Recommended by 02 drivers.

Koblenz

Russian River's Pliney the Elder is hands down the best double IPA on the west coast, likely the US/world since no other countries brew craft beer like that. Beer wise I feel bad for people who aren't on the west coast, ID, MN, or CO. The east coast is better than 5 years ago, but still way behind.

I was quite disappointed when I went to Germany and couldn't find anything but Hefe, Pils, and Dunkleweizen. Sure, it was good, but the lack of variety drove me nuts.

I feel very fortunate to have 5-6 good breweries with in a 2-3 mile radius of downtown, including 3 of them downtown. That's not including brewpubs.

When I work on cars though, it's usually something from Bridgeport(portland, or), Full Sail(hood river, or) or Redhook(woodinville, wa) since they're often on sale for $7/6pk.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Little Kings Cream Ale...so creamy you could put it in your coffee. And 8-packs of 7 ounce bottles means they never get warm. Haven't quite made it to CA yet, but there is always hope.

post-8035-13667659206346_thumb.jpg

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

I have posted these before - now all in one place.

Just had a Racer 5 last night at dinner with friends (Evening Star in Delray: shrimp and grits entree)

IMG_6397.jpg

My wife likes the Port City Brewery Optima Witt - here is another one

IMG_6398.jpg

One of the many Bell's beers

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6401.jpg

Mmmgood001.jpg

Rusticobeerbottles.jpg

Courtesy of Doug Murray

IMG_5760.jpg

Mike W. @ MidAmerica Fest 2010

pics4242010078-1.jpg

Another very good seasonal beer is Sam Adams Alpine Spring.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

2002's are like beer: There are enough flavors out there to suit most anybody and the really good ones are such becuase of the care put into them.

...also, most of us wouldn't pass up a free one of either.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I always come back to my personal favorite, Lagunitas IPA - and it's on special at Safeway right now so it tastes even better!

My oldest sons would argue that Pliney the Younger is better than Pliney the Elder. I'll have to try them sometime (and I live in Santa Rosa!).

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

My favorite beer is falls city beer (hails from louisville). delicious, AND they sponsor a vintage racing team! Alfas, but still awesome.

http://fallscitybeer.com/Racing.aspx

Also, one of the best beers to come from kentucky, The Kentucky Ale Bourbon Barrel Ale...so tasty.

http://www.kentuckyale.com/beer/Pages/KentuckyBourbonBarrelAle.aspx

If you're ever in this neck of the woods, make sure to partake