• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refurb door

bnam

Worked on my pass door this weekend.

I had installed the linkage bushings a few weeks ago -- what a difference. Still need to do the other door.

IMG_2234.jpg

Adjusted the window lift mechanism so that it is smooth, easy, and even.

IMG_2235.jpg

Also installed new doorbrakes from Harry. Now my kids don't have to fight with the door to keep it open.

Installed 4mil plastic sheeting as moisture barrier, and new plastic sleeves for the panel clips (got these directly from a panel clip supplier for about $8 or 9/box of 25).

IMG_2236.jpg

Installed a used, but uncut in good condition door panel to replace the warped, cut ones that came with the car. Put in the springs and plastic washers for the various controls. (Still need to get some of these for the other door).

IMG_2237.jpg

Now need to do the driver's door, but the uncut door panel I bought -- while it's vinyl is in good condition, the board is a bit warped. Need to get one good board. I'm assuming left and right are interchangeable?

Byas

Nice job! This is one of the best things to do to an 02. I used a set of the plywood door panels from Ardvaark Racing. They are great.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I'm assuming if I use a left side door card (not the vinyl - just the card), for the right side door -- the card face that was under the vinyl would now be facing the door and vice-versa. I need just one card and don't want to spend $100 for a set to have one sitting around. So, hoping to find one good door card.

Byas