• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the start of an alpina pig cheek look....

jrkoupe

..here are some pics of an Alpina pig cheeked /tribute car to be.....

we bought the wheels /tires waaay BEFORE the flares ,but based on a lot of research we figured they'd fit...we went w/ wheel specs of a factory rally Ti....13 x8 ,neg 12 et

they do..

.but sheesh its close....lol.

In retrospect, its exactly the look we envisioned, as we always liked the look of the the fender as tho it was sculpted/ wrapped around the wheel/tire combo. The body shop worked the fender a bit too.... Our goal was to eventually go w/ a wider vintage Dunlop, but now I doubt it would fit. We could machine the wheel hub a bit to bring her in like 2 or 3 mm....we shall see.

they are IE rears( thanks to all the emails and posts thru this forum we made that decision) we wanted the "skirted" alpina look unlike the GS or many of the Koepchen cars which have an open rear fender,...

..all glassed in...no rivets remain in the final set.....almost ready for paint..still playing around. We used a W and N rear lower qtr repl'mt and new oe rear rocker section...and had the lower rocker trim holes filled as we won't use that on this car. Now I wish I kept them for ol skool privateer rough look.....

Feel free to ask any ?......

sitting on rear cut HR's...very low......for now.

Couldn't have gotten this far w/o all the knowledge on this forum....

...Ill get a build /project thing going soon...its just been such a slow process......

still toying w/ metal flares....perhaps on just the fronts.....or maybe all 4 to build a friends 69 up....

early on...IMG_0109.jpg

finished to drive it around at least..

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

• 2 months later...

Joel, I concur!

Love the pig cheeks. I decided not to use the flars on the riviera car.

My personal taste is to use them on a Colorado or Polaris car for my next project. Saving an early 68 Polaris car for the treatment.

I looked around and decided on the Korman flars over the IE.

The Korman flars look closer to period correct. IMHOP they all look great.

My 68 Polaris w/ M42 conversion pig cheeks WOW... Cool ride. I've been on the hunt in Germany, Italy for some sweet magnesium wheels or Ronal w/ 13 x 8/9/10 ish wheels ...send more pics.

On vacation w/ the family in Connecticut and will begin the assembly of the 71 car....I always look forward to

the fresh rubber seals. Scheel-man seats. Hummm

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

JR

hey long time no hear...hope all is good.

About the et -12, I was very nervous about those...but Mr H. Reiter convinced me they were correct.

CH

be careful on your Korman choice....Ive been told they are quite flimsy, have poor fit, and iirc, the rr flare covers the gas cap filler hole.

if you look at hundreds of period photos, it seems there were so many variations of pig cheeks....

where in Ct r u?...

I looked around and decided on the Korman flars over the IE.

The Korman flars look closer to period correct.

I'm a little unsure how the IE flares can be less "period correct" when the molds were taken directly off an original set that were from the Vasek-Polak alpina/bmw-motorsport stash. Especially considering IE held on to them by request from BMW, and that now the originals are sitting on a factory museum car.

Nothing against Korman, they're great guys. Just some clarification.

I'm in Ridgefield CT for the week w/ family.

Would be cool to see an 02 during the visit. Taking the family to Ellis Island tomorrow , lady liberty ....etc...etc

Korman / IE ...probably can't go wrong with either.

My observation was how the rear fender seam ended before the gas filler.

Keep us posted on the build.

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

Would be cool to see an 02 during the visit. Taking the family to Ellis Island tomorrow , lady liberty ....etc...etc

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

Im not far at all......if Im around Thurs Id come to CT......no prob...like 30 min max to get there. Or even Sat early am...

Have fun as tomm should be beautiful.