• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OEM Stereos

BPK2

I am looking to install a stereo in my 1976 BMW 2002 with the long console. I was thinking about getting a used OEM stereo from another brand such as Chrysler or Mazda. Has anyone else done this and what was their experience with the stereo fitting. I ask because a lot of OEM stereos are larger than DIN or double DIN.

Dont bother. Go to your local stereo store and ask if they have any used stereo. I got my last nice Alpine for 50 bucks. It's not worth the hassle to pull one from another car. If you really must though the late 90's early 2000's Chevy truck, tahoe, and suburban stereos werent bad. But trust me here, buy an aftermarket one!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

I am looking to install a stereo in my 1976 BMW 2002 with the long console. I was thinking about getting a used OEM stereo from another brand such as Chrysler or Mazda. Has anyone else done this and what was their experience with the stereo fitting. I ask because a lot of OEM stereos are larger than DIN or double DIN.

This is it right here, the real McCoy, that is if you are really meaning "OEM".....$750 clams though.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

DIN sized mounts are about 18x5 cm. These work good in the 2002 because the console is around 20 cm wide at the top. Parker performance makes a nice mount for DIN sized radios into a stock console. Good luck,

John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I've just fitted a Double DIN stereo into mine at the weekend. I managed to squeeze it in below my period radio which is getting a bit ropey and isn't iPod compatable. I think it looks great :) Especially as it can light up Inka Orange to match my car! I thought the original bare metal mounting plate looked a bit rubbish so I lined it with some vinal from an otherwise ruined headrest I had lying around. It certainly fills the big shitty looking empty hole where the original speaker would have been at some point.

P1050928a.jpg

P1050927a.jpg