• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you tell your spouse....

jgerock

That you are thinking about buying another car? When I told my wife that I was going to inspect the 1600ti in Maryland - she gave me one of those looks that reminds me of the "throwing daggers" cartoons. When I told her this evening the car had sold before I even had a chance to look at it, she didn't seem relieved even though I somehow was (@!) that someone else had bought it.

I have two "fun" cars now and absolutely no more room for another one.

Please share your experiences.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous
Come to think of it, my wife usually only finds out about a new ride when she walks into the garage and see something unfamiliar.

I did that for many years. Puchased a few mountain bikes that way. Eventualy became bolder and purchased bigger items...ie Cars..even a Boat.

Now my wife carrys my balls in her purse. :)

Come to think of it, my wife usually only finds out about a new ride when she walks into the garage and see something unfamiliar.

I did that for many years. Puchased a few mountain bikes that way. Eventualy became bolder and purchased bigger items...ie Cars..even a Boat.

LOL,I hear you, I'm only allowed to have a credit card so she can check up on me twice a day to see if I bought anything.

72 Fjord Blue B/S Racecar

2011 335is 7 Speed dct Rocket

I'm lucky and don't have that problem.

Hence the list of cars in my signature below.

You are one lucky man Les. Does she have a sister? Jk...

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Then I can be counted as one of the really lucky ones.

I got my car last year and it it arrived on a flat bed with the rest of the parts in another truck. She thought the first thing I would buy would be cinder blocks. The car came together very quickly, in about 3 months, and is now my daily driver.

Her response: "Why don't you get another one?" She is a keeper; our 25th is next week.

She has "requested" red Porsche 356 for her. Now let me double (triple) check the funds.

LOL,I hear you, I'm only allowed to have a credit card so she can check up on me twice a day to see if I bought anything.

Damn..that's harsh. One time she noticed a 74tii parked outside our house for days. She finally asked me who's it was and I smiled and said...oh?! That's the car I was telling you about...what's the matter Hun? You don't remember???

I ended up sleeping on the couch for couple of days

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

Jim, I was hoping you bought the 'ti'.

If it weren't for my wife, I'd still be '02 hunting. If it weren't for our combined Bimmer lust we wouldn't have bought Athena, my wife's 3.0CSi, her 20th anniversary gift.

I am not allowed, by several people, to buy any more cars, though I keep looking.

post-8235-13667659511885_thumb.jpg

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

When I got the first one:

"Don't worry - your car can still fit in the garage".

When I got the second one:

"Don't worry - your car can still fit in the garage"

When I got the third one:

"Yeah - your car's out"

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

That you are thinking about buying another car? When I told my wife that I was going to inspect the 1600ti in Maryland - she gave me one of those looks that reminds me of the "throwing daggers" cartoons. When I told her this evening the car had sold before I even had a chance to look at it, she didn't seem relieved even though I somehow was (@!) that someone else had bought it.

I have two "fun" cars now and absolutely no more room for another one.

Please share your experiences.

I have to say (and I have said it before), I am pretty lucky with a very supportive wife. When i was using my tii as a daily while working on the AlpinA car, she finally told me that I really need to pick one to restore, because the tii was starting to fall apart. She was right, the tii had to go (and I didn't have a place to store it inside). That said, she is pretty particular about how her house looks so it is pretty amazing that she is good with me keeping my AlpinA race wheels in my son's bedroom (he is off to college this year, so it is soon to be the "media room"......ha, ha). I have three of em stacked up here.

402302186.jpg

www.alpinabmw2002.com

My spouse pretends like she is happy that I have found something to amuse myself with, but keeps a secret roster going so that there is credit available the next time she wants something. Fortunately for me, she is into cars (BMWs only, pls) and big screen TVs.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga