• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wimea Kauai

2002tii

hello everyone, second or third post in about 4 years.

Worked on my 02 today and figure I go surf for E10's.

Today i replaced the speedo on my car, the odo had not worked since I bought it in 97, I just got a replacement in 2003 (from John N, in Alameda then) and today I had a chance to swap it. Works great John, thanks.

I also did a little housekeeping and then got around to futz with the stereo. I installed the enclosed speakers from my last 02 on the kick panels. I had then on the center console on my last 02 but figure I don't want any extra holes on my newest, besides the weight may capsize the whole thing to the right. While listening to Adele (what, doesn't everyone in the solitude of their car) I noticed that the left rear speaker is blown, so I guess I'll swap that when I get another day like today. Oh I also found the steering box from my last car, the same one that eluded me for a week while my car was at MotorSpeed West, I ended up getting another one from Ralph at the shop. Oh well more spares, who needs room.

I had my four year old help with the speedo. He held the door (its missing door brake) and walked with me to Radio Shack to get some bulbs for the instrument cluster. Some day Peppy will be all his, well maybe after I loose my lic for incompetence.

While putting tools away and hiding the old speedo I came across the driving lights brackets that I got from Pierre. What a nice job he did, need to get those on.

As for my subject line, was just in Kauai last week and on Sunday making my way back to Barking Sands I spotted an 02 behind a water front house. It looked dark, would have stopped but was late for bbq. Aloha if to the owner.

well late now, I rambled enough. take care everyone. Happy 02ing

hello everyone, second or third post in about 4 years.

Worked on my 02 today and figure I go surf for E10's.

Today i replaced the speedo on my car, the odo had not worked since I bought it in 97, I just got a replacement in 2003 (from John N, in Alameda then) and today I had a chance to swap it. Works great John, thanks.

I also did a little housekeeping and then got around to futz with the stereo. I installed the enclosed speakers from my last 02 on the kick panels. I had then on the center console on my last 02 but figure I don't want any extra holes on my newest, besides the weight may capsize the whole thing to the right. While listening to Adele (what, doesn't everyone in the solitude of their car) I noticed that the left rear speaker is blown, so I guess I'll swap that when I get another day like today. Oh I also found the steering box from my last car, the same one that eluded me for a week while my car was at MotorSpeed West, I ended up getting another one from Ralph at the shop. Oh well more spares, who needs room.

I just went on a drive with peirre

I had my four year old help with the speedo. He held the door (its missing door brake) and walked with me to Radio Shack to get some bulbs for the instrument cluster. Some day Peppy will be all his, well maybe after I loose my lic for incompetence.

While putting tools away and hiding the old speedo I came across the driving lights brackets that I got from Pierre. What a nice job he did, need to get those on.

As for my subject line, was just in Kauai last week and on Sunday making my way back to Barking Sands I spotted an 02 behind a water front house. It looked dark, would have stopped but was late for bbq. Aloha if to the owner.

well late now, I rambled enough. take care everyone. Happy 02ing

I just went on a little drive with Pierre yesterday and 15 others he is one of the great standup guys in our little 02 cult... and I was working in Maui just two weekes ago! No 02's but I may move two of mine there!! absoloute magic!!

Scott

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It

wow, must not post and watch tv at the same time, HA.

I feel very lucky that I gotten to visit Hawaii for work and sometimes pleasure, it is a great place and reminds me lots of my own Island Puerto Rico. Kauai specially because of all the chickens roaming the Island. Well Puerto Rico now is more like Oahu in that is more urbanized but I still remember it as a kid when the big freeways were not there. Harry and Victor may chime in.

Was your drive in Pasadena? If I can get away, I will try to do the Brisbane meet on May the 5th. Look for the faded Malaga with the brown drivers door.

a long ago drive

109-0953_IMG.JPG

a bayarea02 event

IMG_3699.JPG

Scott, are your 69's actual 69's. I ask cause I had a 69 per registration but it was actually a 68 by the vin. Kinda like my current 1974 BMU by registration is actually a 73. just curious

No they were both built in late 68

Scott B.

1969 2002, 1972 2002, 1967 1600, 2001 540It

Love those wheels btw! Are they borranis?

-Matt

thanks and yes they are, got them from a gentleman in SoCal back in 99? I think I spotted them in the roadfly board where we used to hang out before Steve made this board home. The guys wife was driving up to the Bay Area and delivered for me. If you are on this board I thank you.