• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E30 Power Distribution Block Question

rcraig

I moved my battery to the trunk and set up the E30 block in the engine bay. What are all the terminals for on the block. Silly question I know but...

Looking at the block with all the covers off the top is the remote post. The three terminals on the left are shared and the upper left I have power coming in. The two terminals on the right however are not shared with the left side terminals and top remote post. Why is that? What were they used for? Grounds?

Good question... I do not see where they tie into the power. There are two threaded places on the original cable that connects and goes to the starter... if you do not have that you will have to make something or connect to the clamp bolt.

How did you run your cable? In or underneath?

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

On an E30, the battery cable serves to power the starter and charge the battery.

The secondary wire runs the rest of the car directly from the battery-

it has a fusible link near the battery, goes to the isolated bolt,

then goes to the fuse box.

Don't ask me why.

That's how they did it, though.

So you can use that second isolated stud for anything you want.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Mark, thanks for including the photo. I now realize my confusion as I indeed do not have an e30 distribution block. Looks like it is a later model. I will post a picture later so maybe someone can clue me in on it. In my defense it was a really rainy day at the junkyard when I was trying to pull it and I was on my way to Dmitri's to pick up some seats that day. (thanks again for the great deal on the seats by the way.) Ok, maybe not a real good excuse.

Thanks for the quick replies all.