• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eureka Springs was great!!!!!

randerson

Got home an hour ago Thanks to Bo, Barb, Chris, Keith, Randy, Marge, Brian, Kathy, Bill and his wife and the other cooks and to everyone who make this such a special event. Well worth all the miles

No time to post but you can go to the link below to see my pictures of our trip. Tons of back roads going out this year, about 1200 of the 1400 were on non interstate roads. Gotta go mow grass

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/mikeinnc/Mid%20America%2002%20Fest%202012/

Sure was Randy. Great seeing you and Marge and a huge thanks to Bo & Barb and everybody else for doing all that they do. I really love hanging out with the "True Friends"...the best darn group of enthusiasts anywhere! I linked Greg's photos up in Nick's thread.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Many great stories from this year's MidAm.

Because of business commitments on the west coast late in the week John G drove from Montgomery, AL to Little rock, flew out and flew back Friday then drove to Eureka Springs.

Ray K had much the same situation. While on business in New Jersey Ray had his 02 shipped to Conway, flew into Little Rock Friday and drove up.

Mike W broke a Kfish belt while driving from central Flordia. He had the belt shipped in and drove until 3:30 am Saturday to be there for the drive.

My favorite story belongs Nathan H of Muscle Shoals, AL. Nathan loaded a newly aquired nonrunning 02 on a trailer and hauled it to the event in hopes of finding help and parts to get it running. He worked all Friday until late and Saturday. Just before dinner he had it running.

Thanks to the many who helped Nathan get his 02 going strong.

Thanks, Bo and Barb. Had a great time this year and I made it home just fine . See ya next year. Oh and there was only one 1600 at the event (I missed Meg not being there.)

Buddy

There was only one Bavaria, too! ; ) Poor thing kicked around the corner for the pictures, lol!

Thanks, Bo and Barb. Had a great time this year and I made it home just fine . See ya next year. Oh and there was only one 1600 at the event (I missed Meg not being there.)

Buddy

There was only one Bavaria, too! ; ) Poor thing kicked around the corner for the pictures, lol!

But what a sweet car it is!!! Not to mention you also brought 2 M42 powered 02's!! The Golf your son drove hard and that 4 speed automatic dark metallic blue one you had. That was a SWEEEET car for sure

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Another great time--my third, but the first time I had my own car there. We drove 1631 miles round trip--I was tired after driving 700 miles in 12 hours but Ludwig was ready to keep on truckin'.

Thanks again to Bo and the crew for a great weekend, and to the Spanels for having the Mid-Atlantic and SW OH caravans stop in for a nice cookout on our way to Hermann MO.

Looking forward to next year already.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mike,

I trust that the tire plug that Sheridan, with my limited assistance, installed held up all the way home without need of frequent air ups..... I can't tell you how many times having a tire plug kit has saved someone on the many caravans and tours we've been on. It is now part of my travel kit that stays in the trunk always.

Great seeing you again and this being my first '02 Fest, I can say I will see you again next year!!! What a great time and great people to be around.

In case you are wondering who this is, I had the Metallic Red 1970 '02 with the LED lights in my trunk.

D. Jeff Gomon     -    1970 BMW 2002
1991 BMW ///M5
2005 BMW X5 4.4i

2005 BMW 330Ci (ZHP)

Another great time--my third, but the first time I had my own car there. We drove 1631 miles round trip--I was tired after driving 700 miles in 12 hours but Ludwig was ready to keep on truckin'.

Thanks again to Bo and the crew for a great weekend, and to the Spanels for having the Mid-Atlantic and SW OH caravans stop in for a nice cookout on our way to Hermann MO.

cheers

mike

Shoot Mike you have every reason to be tired after 700 mile sin an 02, let alone 1600 plus!! It was great chatting with you too

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

cheers

mike

Shoot Mike you have every reason to be tired after 700 mile sin an 02, let alone 1600 plus!! It was great chatting with you too

I think Mike deserves the "On the way home Iron Butt Award".

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.