• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frozen brake pedal - Troubleshooting?

MattL

This weekend I finally got my new clutch master, slave and rebuilt pedal box installed. When I got the brake linkage hooked up, though, I discovered that it won't budge an inch. It moved freely in/out of the pedal box before I installed it, so I know the problem isn't there.

Any suggestions on how to find where the freeze/bind is? (BTW, I bought this car in non-driving condition, with the pedal box rotted/frozen, so I don't have any experience with it working for comparison.)

Thanks in advance!

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

If you take out your washer fluid bottle you'll see a large bolt going through the Brake booster Bracketry on the passenger side, going in one side out the other with a nut on the other end try loosening that bolt and that should free up your brake pedal. I had this same issue on my 02 and a local 02er pointed that out and it fixed my stuck brake pedal issue.

Good Luck and hopefully i described everything alright.

2004 VW Jetta 1.8T DD

1975 BMW 2002 Project.

Thank you for your reply. Are you referring to the bolt that the pedal box fins fit into (the one that runs across the brake booster housing just behind the rectangular opening at the top)? If so, I did check that and it's nice and loose.

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

• 1 month later...