• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a new rotary a/c bracket

02hobiedave

I am going to place the order for a new batch of Clardy updated brackets and I have most of the brackets spoken for. I wanted anyone that needed one in the near future should order with me Please let me know if you are interested.

P3090535.jpg

this one shot of it mounted on the block without the compressor mounted to it.

Contact me at dave.hobiedave at gmail.com

P4030612.jpg

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

I'm trying to refit AC on my 74Tii. It originally came with a BEHR unit and I do have all the pieces. However, the engine had an ANSA exhaust installed by PO and I'm not sure if that will interfere with the BEHR unit. Also, not sure if the BEHR compressor is frozen or not (I have 2 of them). The AC shop did say they could refill with R12.

If the BEHR does not work out, I would be interested in the rotary mount.

How much do these run?

Byas

Byas

Well the best thing about the rotary bracket is the weight savings. I think it's gonna be around 15-17lbs savings than the ones you have. Also no need to take off the bracket to change the water pump with the Clardy bracket. The Ansa system is it a solid header? I have heard some of those dont fit very well with A/C, not sure maybe someone else can answer that. I have a shorty header with down tube and I have no problem.

The bracket runs $92.00 + $11.00 shipping and $3.36 paypal fees.The order goes in tomorrow let me know if you want one.

Dave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

,,,,,Also, not sure if the BEHR compressor is frozen or not (I have 2 of them). The AC shop did say they could refill with R12.

If the BEHR does not work out, I would be interested in the rotary mount.

my E21, then converting to a Sanden rotary, I'd suggest NOT using the Behr compressor. When I recommissioned the a/c on the 320 a few years ago, I went through 3 Behr reman units before we got one that would hold vacuum, and routing the hoses out of the way of the exhaust manifold was a real PITA.

3 years later, the reman Behr unit failed, so I bit the bullet and converted to a Sanden - weighs a bit less, hoses fit better, runs smoother, draws less power, and the a/c blows colder. A/c shop suggested staying with R12, which has proved to be a good decision.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Mark

Not sure what you mean? But if you are referring my bracket being like the Clardy bracket you are correct. It was made off an original Clardy with some weight savings and Rubber bushings deleted. It is a good sturdy bracket. Let me know if you are interested.

Dave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

Dave, I purchased a kit from BMP Design in tyler, texas that incl the Sanden compressor and a mounting bracket. The pulley on the compressor doesn't begin to lineup with the crankshaft pulley. I will forward a picture to you tomorrow at this address

dave.hobiedave@gmail.com

that I got from one of the TX 2002 group today.

The mounting holes look totally different on the Sanden from the Clardy, but I sure like how cleanly your bracket mounts up!

Marc

marc3509@sbcglobal.net

TX2002

Dallas, Texas

'75 2002

'08 M6

'99 K12RS

Marc

I think I've seen those before, It is an adapter to the original York bracket that you fasten there adapter to that and use the adjuster pulley to make the belt tight. Now you have added more weight to the front bracket which I'm sure you know that. The old York bracket is real heavy and a pain to take on and off to access water pump or change a belt. There kit is real pricey How is the quality? I would like to see some pictures of the kit if you get the chance. They don't show much on their web site.

Dave

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

If you are interested in Putting in A/C or modernized your A/C in your 2002. I have the perfect bracket modeled after the original Clardy Rotary bracket. It fits all models even tii. I have made some improvements on the original design by deleted the rubber bushings that needed replacing every other year also made it smaller and lighter.

If you are interested in Putting in A/C or modernized your A/C in your 2002. I have the perfect bracket modeled after the original Clardy Rotary bracket. It fits all models even tii. I have made some improvements on the original design by deleted the rubber bushings that needed replacing every other year also made it smaller and lighter.

I'm not sure what he is trying to say It does not make sense but think he might be some kind of spamer?

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"