• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a new rotary a/c bracket

02hobiedave

Dave,

I made an assumption that your bracket can be used with a Sanden compressor. Is that not the case? What R12 compressors can be used with your mount.

Thanks,

Byas

There are still some NOS R12 Sanden compressors out there. I found one on eBay. Plus, there are countless R12 "Sanden style" compressors, which I would expect would fit, as I presume they are simply knock-offs of the bona fide Sanden units. I'm running an NOS Sanden unit with Dave's bracket.

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Keep us posted! Although I just invested in R134a cooling stuff....

I am trying all kind of voodoo magic to help keep it cool. (Clear tint, reflective roof panels, reflective heat shields, etc...)

A big part is making sure your heater box is rebuilt and that the flaps are sealing... hard to cool all that hot air coming in.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

Keep us posted! Although I just invested in R134a cooling stuff....

I am trying all kind of voodoo magic to help keep it cool. (Clear tint, reflective roof panels, reflective heat shields, etc...)

A big part is making sure your heater box is rebuilt and that the flaps are sealing... hard to cool all that hot air coming in.

Yes sir that is right. I rebuilt my heater box last year and all worked fine. Then one by one the flap foam I put on fell off and they now leak. I will be taping them shut with duct tape once I get AC in, then fixing again this fall

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle