• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting at last after 18 Months of prep - More Pics added

Somchai

For the un-initiated who have never visited Thailand or South East Asia. The safety culture nanny state business hasn't arrived here yet.

The fact that he's even wearing a facemask would be suprising to most of the locals here. Thailand is a place where many welders squint thru the fingers of their left hand and most people prefer not to wear motocycle helmets as it ruins their hairstyle .. I'm often overtaken at high speed by some teen on a scooter wearing shorts and t-shirt with his girlfriend sitting 'sidesaddle' on the back. really !

Thanks.. I like the colour too.. Close to Polaris but a bit more 'metallic' and a shade darker.

Nice! Love the color, looks somewhere between delphin and polaris to me.

Took a trip to Thailand some years back and recall the excellent food and wild trips on scooters! Even saw a 2002 while i was there!

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

dear holy mother- of- skin- absorption...

t

Guess there isn't an OSHA in Thailand.

Not in China also.

I'm in Tianjin, but safety hasn't changed in the 20 odd years I've been coming to China. They do have hard hats though......that should help.

Handrails not required when you can run some string and a many flags.

Safety harness not required, it's only a 35ft drop!

Nice colour, by the way.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Looks great! Metallics are not so easy, says the man who's tried...

Depending on the paint, wearing shorts and a t- shirt in a booth

(btw, just being in a booth is a big step)

can be anywhere from

pleasant to deadly. As someone who isn't really excited about being told

what to do, either, I take it all with a grain of salt.

But a lot of the chemicals in modern paints can turn your liver into a rock

in about 45 minutes... and the new Tyvek shootsuits are actually a help, not a

hinderance. You can wear NOTHING under them, and then when you sweat,

it doesn't drip on the paint!

For about $12, locally...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

dear holy mother- of- skin- absorption...

t

Guess there isn't an OSHA in Thailand.

Not in China also.

I'm in Tianjin, but safety hasn't changed in the 20 odd years I've been coming to China. They do have hard hats though......that should help.

Handrails not required when you can run some string and a many flags.

Safety harness not required, it's only a 35ft drop!

Nice colour, by the way.

Thanks.. I work in O&G been in Asia almost 25 yrs.. When I think back how we used to do stuff and what we used to wear I wonder how I'm still alive.. But then I realise all my buddies are still alive too. Back then the guys were more cautious and used common sense. Now everybody has been brainwashed into thinking its safe so they get hurt and are suprised about it.

The fella painting the car has been doing it for 35 years.. Pretty sure he knows what he can and can't get away with.

I've spent alot of time in China too.. Shanghai, Ning Bo, Hainan and shekou mostly. I preferred it more when they were still riding bicycles..