• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Fenders Front R/L for 72 Bavaria

BimBim2oo2

About a year and a half ago, I was looking for some southern rust-free E3 body panels. I found a VW specialty shop in Texas that had a couple Bavaria's in their wrecking yard. I don't know if they still have them but it might be worth sending them an email from their website?:

http://www.austinveedub.com/

Ian

Thanks! These things are being a proven pain to find

"The Greatest Gifts In Life Are The Ones We Cause Ourselves"

I have a bunch of Bavaria parts left over from all my cars I got rid of. From a Polaris 72 I have a complete nose panel, cleanly cut off. It is 20 years old, not 40. Has the center grille. 8/10. Both front fenders with blinker housings, 7 on a 1-10 scale with surface rust and one dent. 2 l.r. doors, 1 rt/ rear door, 1 driver's door, complete rear tail lights with the stainless steel panel, nice front subframe. I have gray early grilles and black later ones. Factory alloys, early and late. I would love to sell it all as a package or will entertain serious offers for the single pieces picked up. No shipping, sorry. Eugene, OR. Might consider trades for 2002 rare/ desirable items.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a bunch of Bavaria parts left over from all my cars I got rid of. From a Polaris 72 I have a complete nose panel, cleanly cut off. It is 20 years old, not 40. Has the center grille. 8/10. Both front fenders with blinker housings, 7 on a 1-10 scale with surface rust and one dent. 2 l.r. doors, 1 rt/ rear door, 1 driver's door, complete rear tail lights with the stainless steel panel, nice front subframe. I have gray early grilles and black later ones. Factory alloys, early and late. I would love to sell it all as a package or will entertain serious offers for the single pieces picked up. No shipping, sorry. Eugene, OR. Might consider trades for 2002 rare/ desirable items.

I am very much interested in the front fenders!!! I was able to source a pair for free but they were in rough shape so now the hunt is on for some more.

How much you looking to get out of them?

As far as o2 stuff goes I have two spare M10's (121 & E12 heads) need rebuilt. The 121 really just needs a trip to the machine shop for some resurfacing and then a new HG. Also have a comple IE exhaust/Stage 2 header that I will be selling here shortly. I am in the middle of putting together a M42 swap for my o2 that is the reason why I am parting ways with these items.

If you want give me a call 208 412 4984 so we can discuss the fenders.

Might be more effort than you're looking for, but our u pull and pay yard in Albuquerque has a 73 Bavaria. It's listed as a 3 series, so I figured it would be an 02. It's gray and I recall it was in pretty decent shape - no rust. I don't know if they 'll pull and ship but you could give them a call. www.upullandpay.com. I might be heading out there this week so I can double check.

Keith

Might be more effort than you're looking for, but our u pull and pay yard in Albuquerque has a 73 Bavaria. It's listed as a 3 series, so I figured it would be an 02. It's gray and I recall it was in pretty decent shape - no rust. I don't know if they 'll pull and ship but you could give them a call. www.upullandpay.com. I might be heading out there this week so I can double check.

Keith

If you could check it out for me that would be great.

thanks

Josh

Were you able to check with the guy on Craigslist/NYC? - here's the updated link (June 4) - he still claims to have front fenders available:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/pts/3014731658.html

Ian

Read through that ad and it is screaming scam. He says he wont paypal and also does not provide a phone number.

Read through that ad and it is screaming scam. He says he wont paypal and also does not provide a phone number.

I'm still waiting for him to call me back re: the rear shock towers I contacted him about - in the fall of 2010! But I thought it might be worth pointing out that ad just in case...

How much (if any) rust & Bondo are you willing to tolerate? Although, even if my fenders are acceptable, the cost of shipping from Canada would be pretty steep.

Ian

pringle_5@sympatico.ca

post-3033-13667661212315_thumb.jpg

post-3033-13667661213436_thumb.jpg