• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 76 and Tommy Hilfiger

I responded to the post about the 2002 for a photo shoot in Princeton last week.

Yesterday I drove down there for the shoot and I thought I would post some pics.

They used "Rose" in 3 out of 8 shots for the day, so in all likelihood you'll be seeing her in national ads later this year.

The crew was pleasant, but man the traffic down there on Rt 1 in the mornings blows.

Enjoy.

post-21506-13667660165014_thumb.jpg

post-21506-13667660169658_thumb.jpg

post-21506-13667660175325.jpg

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

congratulations!

Diving Board Bumpers rule the day!

surely no Roundie pureista's on that staff?

nice matching blu blankie

besure to post the published results

t_img_4407.1_132.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Looks very cool - congrats! John McWilliams' 74tii was also recently used for a Tommy Hilfiger shoot. They said his car was way too clean, so they covered it in some kind "fake" dirt. Apparently, the fake dirt didn't do a good enough job, so they eventually applied real dirt. I think his shoot was intended for the European market.

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

Interesting.

I guess the 1970's preppy look is on the rise!

will be nice to see some ads around with the 02s

I was joking with the art director that they decided to shoot the "bad" side of Rose. The only rust is on the driver'r rear wheel well, and they kept shooting that side.

76 2002 Fjord Sunroof AC

90 VW Vanagon (Ford repowered)

and my daily commuter: a Bicycle!

Cool! I knew Tommy when we were kids. He and his partner, Larry Stemmerman had just started their first clothing store in Elmira,NY. It was called The Peoples Place. In '71 there was an enormous flood in the Upstate NY/PA area. Their store was a basement store one block off the river. The town fathers said there was no chance that the water would crest the flood walls. Tommy and Larry called everyone they knew with pickups. We dragged all their inventory out of the store and up to Larry's Dad's garage. The next morning there was 14 ft of water on Water St. Had they not been proactive they likely would have been wiped out. As it was they went on to open a string of stores across NY State. I left the area shortly after that and knew nothing of Tommy's success until one day I walked into a Macy's in San Francisco in about '80 and saw "TOMMY" all over the place. I am happy that he has had such success. He was, and I hope still is, a good guy!