• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

juat got hit, im ok but am i fucked

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

extremely fixable.........

I just had my entire front nose replaced...My shade tree body guy did it in his backyard, in less than a week...Not saying you'd go this route, but the idea is a front nose hit is not the end of your car....

ira

If you're going to fix it, DO NOT let the insurance company total the car. To a certain degree the insurance companies will work with you. Look for good comps. This is when all those high priced 02's that are sold and members here slam the sellers on can do you a great favor. The insurance companies want to settle fast, if you don't like their initial offer, go back to them with what YOU feel is a fair settlement.

Do not fold. Hold your ground.

Glad to hear you're OK and as others said, the car can definitely fixed.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

Not my fault but can i fix it?

Ok now that the cars at the tow yard, claim is made and police report is obtained. The other car was a 2005 Silver 530, at least it was another bimmer. The guy was sorry and I told him "thats why they call them accidents" but im still pissed. I love my car.

Heres what happened. Im heading east down a street with one lane going each direction and a turning median in the middle. Cars heading east back up to turn left at the light about 200feet away to turn left and the driver of the car that hit me was heading west and trying to turn left into the driveway you see pictured to the left of my car. The guy was trying to turn left and thought the lane was clear but couldn't see me coming at him (probably because the 02 is so low beyond other cars windows) so he turned left thinking there was no cars comming but there I was. I slammed on the brakes and held on. Luckily for Bluedevils intertia seatbelts and the recaros. I didnt really feel anything but anger.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

Sounds like he was pre-occupied.

Just think if he hit a motorcycle or worse yet a cyclist following the rules of the road.

When comparing an '02 to and e39, the '02 isn't that low, even if it's lowered.

Proud member #113

The rides!

www.cardomain.com/ride/792851

www.cardomain.com/ride/792793

You sure your neck and/or back aren't starting to bother you after the initial surge of beta endorphines masked the injury. The other guys insurance company might want to hear about it if they're starting to cause you pain.

Bob Napier

Sounds like he was pre-occupied.

Just think if he hit a motorcycle or worse yet a cyclist following the rules of the road.

When comparing an '02 to and e39, the '02 isn't that low, even if it's lowered.

Im not sure, the sun was in his eyes but the cop that came did say that the intersection is funky and that he will put down that the intersection is funky (to help the other guy ?) but he did brought us both in and told us the game plan for processing this and that he was at fault since he was turning left and didint yeild to me and thus it was his fault. I was glad to hear that. The insurance guy with whom I made the claim with said that they have a few calls about that intersection and I do recall seeing two accidents there in the year I have commuting to work down the street.

Funny too I cleaned my break pads this past weekend to make sure I was all safe and ready for summer time :/ Hopefully I can score a new front clip and a front fender, a grill, and whatevers underthe hood (hope my subframe is ok).

Thanks for all the feed back guys, this is my first accident where I was behind the wheel of a car so I not sure how to deal insurance company

Funny thing is the guy just got his car from the shop from being sandwiched on another highway a month ago. Either he had bad luck or he cant drive

post-20026-13667660399534.jpg

post-20026-1366766039957_thumb.jpg

post-20026-13667660400269_thumb.jpg

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

You sure your neck and/or back aren't starting to bother you after the initial surge of beta endorphines masked the injury. The other guys insurance company might want to hear about it if they're starting to cause you pain.

Bob Napier

I was rear-ended twice within 2-3 months, same place, same time of day. I didn't ask for anything but my car (DD) to be fixed. The first idiot that hit me had insurance, and they visited me the very next morning to get me to sign a waiver saying I was OK and no pain. I actually had a neck brace I opted not to wear, and said I was fine. The next few days my neck was sore and my back started bothering me. Probably several months before I felt like I was OK, but still wonder what damage it did to me, and how it may affect me when older. (and they know all that)

Not promoting to "go after" the insurance company, but keep in mind you really may be injured, like Bob is saying. I wouldn't sign anything releasing them of the liability, and I'd defiitely make sure they make your 02 better than it was when he hit you.

Glad you're OK.

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

First off, I'm glad you are ok. I think your car can be repaired.

As for insurance, I must gently correct the post above. The other driver's insurance is not required to make your car better than it was. They are only required to return you to your pre-loss condition. In your case, I would definitely have the car inspected by a shop that knows these cars to get a good estimate of your own. If all else fails, you have the option of getting an independent appraisal. I hope you have all the receipts for the parts you have purchased and installed recently. That will help as well. If they decide to total the car, I would take the payout and retain the salvage. Then I would use that check to rebuild the car.

Also, go get checked out medically. I believe you are in CA. If so, most policies have medical payment coverage. It pays regardless of fault through your policy. Or, you can save your doctor bills to see if the other carrier will pay for it. Your own carrier will pay for it without question, and the other carrier will probably pay for at least a precautionary medical exam. Your own private health insurance (should you have it) will not want to pay, since you were injured in an accident. So if you have MedPay, you'll need to go that route.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Am i correct in my estimations for when the appraisal guy and I meet?

Left Fender cost used:

$200-300 USD

1968-1973 Front Clip:

$700-$1000 used

Hood:

$200-$400

Paint job to match: $750-$1500

Any suspension components that were damaged (unkown)

Please give me feed back as I will be meeting with the claims guy soon. Thanks

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

Am i correct in my estimations for when the appraisal guy and I meet?

Left Fender cost used:

$200-300 USD

1968-1973 Front Clip:

$700-$1000 used

Hood:

$200-$400

Paint job to match: $750-$1500

Any suspension components that were damaged (unkown)

Please give me feed back as I will be meeting with the claims guy soon. Thanks

This is why I advocate having someone who knows look at the car. You can take their estimate and get one of your own to make a counter offer.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun