• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Project D

ponchis

Oh it makes total sense, It just threw me off when I saw all those shiny brake components and then the stock pedal box haha, plus I just figured with all that cage fabrication a dash bar would make pedal mounting easy peasy. But in retrospect.. your planning on going sideways not stopping so it's not that big a deal. Let me know how you like that front brake setup, I'm looking into the wilwoods on my build.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

several reasons for me including: I'm shaving my engine bay so the lack of all that stuff is a +, You can run twin MCs w/balance bar, you can get them in different pedal ratio's, I am running carbs via a throttle cable so they will be easier to mount a cable setup to. brake and clutch reverse swing mount setup is about $200 + your MCs

this is the one I am going to run with the dual ratio's : http://www.jegs.com/i/Wilwood/950/340-6451/10002/-1

woops forgot to update... today was kinda short but here ya go...

Made some space in the garage...

IMG_3928

Removed the fuel cell

IMG_3936

Time to get dirty! removing the subframes was pretty simple

IMG_3934

Out with the old and in with the new or restored

IMG_3932

Tii parts

IMG_3940

Because of this...

IMG_3946

I had to go with this... over kill? naaaahh

IMG_3941

Now i have this... some extra parts could come in handy...

IMG_3942

maybe try a welded diff to compare it with my lsd...

Thanks Bricklayer... The s14 is the correct engine since i cant really fit anything bigger without modifying the firewall.

GTI... Ive read that the earlier control arms were notorious for bending, even caused my potholes... So yep... Stiffer is better in this case

To my updates... Well i did take all my parts to the shop to start assembling. So i decided to put everything in the car without the bodywork... Why? Well i wanted to mock everything up first, start the car... Put it in gear... Turn it off and dissamble again... I dont want to drill any holes on fresh paint.

Tomorrow is a big day for mee... My package from RMS comes in! More power anyone???

Hey Tom... after i bought it, i asked myself... well will it even fit? too late but as i saw other s14 s/c'ed, then i thought it should be fine... i did some measuring and i think i maybe in the clear but theres always the alternative...

See how its a few inches off from the subframe? then a few inches for the subframe too...

IMG_4218

IMG_4219

Time for measuring

IMG_4221

IMG_4225

IMG_4227

Getting some help while i snap some shots

IMG_4228

Less than 3 inches from the subframe... i think i might be good

IMG_4230

IMG_4232

IMG_4233

IF all else fails, its time to cut... either way i was thinking of doing this for more tire/angle clearance... I cant cut passed the shock tower but everything else is fine...

LS in a miata?

motor-in1

damn really wanted to update but i forgot my camera... hahaha

well since i have a few pics saved... my front air dam is inspired by this challenger... simple and to the point

Not my photos***

1970_dodge_challenger_sam_posey

res20050101t1_p03

My flares are a bit different and i love the rivet/bolt look... thanks to the nissan skyline 2000gt

skyline_2000_gtr_1971

Looks like it's coming along great, really nice to finally see some pictures of this thing. In regards to the rear brakes, it is 1/1 (though I have one extra set of brackets as a "just in case"), still get a kick of how the rear disks ended up rather similar to Mike Essa's z4 rear setup.... http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/1887/pageid/2876/hard-as-fck-mike-essas-bmw-z4-drift-monster.aspx

I just want to see this thing in action already.

Hey Andrew! Im glad i have a one off brake system. It looks very very similar to mikes. 2 bimmerfests ago i got to meet him and the z4. I really like his setup. Hes been doing well in formula drift too.

Yea my car was on a hold period but now is the time for everything to be installed! I have to take it to rms to get it tuned so maybe ill swing by to IE. i still need a few parts, like ur fiberglass bumper to cover those bars, maybe a few other things. Anything new i can use?

more parts n pictures!

I had a hard time deciding whether to go with red or black poly bushings and i came to the conclusion that theyll eventually turn black so why not rock them red while they last... hahha

IMG_4333

wanted to start building my front airdam so i welded something to grab it with...

IMG_4336

looks like ill have enough space... tow hook anyone?

IMG_4335

2 Packages came in today... rms and blunt

IMG_4356

M5 Crank hub and the S/C crank pulley

IMG_4360

made some mods to get more angle... stay tuned for the next visit!