• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Project D

ponchis

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more suspension tuning...

Tii struts... Bigger spindles for bigger wheels? myth? didnt wanna risk it...

IMG_4350

Ground-Control Coilovers for the front

IMG_4341

And also for the rear :)

IMG_4236

some negative camber!

IMG_4344

Mason Engineering stress bar

IMG_4345

So im working on some serious angle... i got to play with some extra steering nuckles and i think ive came up with this...

-Widened the track with Massive offset roll center spacers

-Ground the steering stops down

-Some negative camber

-Shortened steering knuckles

IMG_4361

Do i need more??? But i think i maxed it out... plus still have to check if my rims dont hit

IMG_4363

Mehpowered... Hahaha someone enjoying the build? You need an 02 asap!

Skippy... What are you trying to do for your build? These are Ground-Control coilovers. Tii strut cut 2 inches with koni adjustable shock. 450lbs in front while 400 rears, havent tested them tho. As for the rear coilover, GC makes them similar to the e30 setup. More info here:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=690/CA=281

Ponchis, my car is being set up for track work and spirited road use.

I'm currently rebuilding a set of e21 323 trailing arms and they will be going in soon. The issue I have is how to reinforce the shock towers, and which rear strut ( e21 or e30) top mount to I have it modified to accomodate.

"Why is one of my reverse lights on in 4th?"

skippy

Im not sure how the mounting part is to your trailing arms but my set up was more universal. Weld on portion for the trailing and on top its the same as a regular shock... When the guys at blu808 re-enforced my rear shock mount. I didnt see that they followed the hole the same size where as my coilover was meant for the smaller hole since they supplied the bushings. My conclusion was to ditch their bushing and go with stock size poly bushings... and modify those for the extra re-enforced plate... maybe my pic can show you the difference... this is what im not going to use but check it out... PM if you want, and ill send you pics of how im going to do it...

IMG_4235

Hey Tom...

Really diggin your new picture... those bbs? As for the updates... i forgot my camera again but im working on the e21 rack. And waiting on new parts too...

Yeh they're the RS's from a while ago - I dig em too :)

Looking forward to seeing your car come together - i'd love to do something similar!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Im baaaaaack!

working hard on the 02! steering needs a bit of tweaking but close. The pedal box is pretty much done.

cleaned up the pedals

IMG_4517

Massive rebuild pedal kit... very straight forward

IMG_4518

Compact Cylinders

IMG_4501

I used another pedal box clutch cylinder arm and made a hole about where i wanted to mount it on the brake lever.

IMG_4497

Need some racing pedals... mmm

IMG_4505

Steering box had to go, the geometry def wasnt working... rack and pinion from a e21

IMG_4506

trying to work with the turn radius of the steering arm

IMG_4514

Have a few cuts on the arms to see how it play with every turn... good thing i have spares!

IMG_4516

• 3 weeks later...

Might sound corny but i actually feel like the first fast n furious with a truck filled with parts for the supra build.

IMG_4728

Subframes (check)...

IMG_4725

So i ended up adding an IE sway bar because the ST sway was in stock location so it affected my turn radius for angle... ST sway good for steering box...

IMG_4722

rear subframe... didnt wanna go solid yet

IMG_4723

Picked up a JB racing flywheel for the s14.. stay happy revving my friend...

IMG_4724

IE FG bumper is almost perfect when i lay it over the rear crash bar...

IMG_4729

Top it off with my momo steering wheel... loving the red stitching...

IMG_4733

Well i have a lot of part im not using... time to start taking pictures for the sale forum...