• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Project D

ponchis

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt have my SLR but my cousin shot these with his iphone... hey, its better than not showing them!

Got most of the rear done

securedownload-4

securedownload-2

securedownload-3

I had to grind part of the lower inner nose part? had some rust and it helps clear the radiator and SC pulley

securedownload-6

engine fits

securedownload-7

Me under the car... for some reason the engine leans forward without the tranny... need to cut stuff maybe

securedownload-5

SC fits, no mods

securedownload

has about an inch n a quarter of space

securedownload-1

Needs to run now!!!

securedownload-8

I really wanted to use my original steering column because of the key... farht start! hahhaha but changed the angle since it sat a bit high...

here are the pics... yes i kno, you cant weld aluminum to steel, its just for reference

IMG_4850

If you want to take on this project, i can give you sizes of the ujoints

IMG_4853

just input for your awareness. i tried a 320i shift platform. did not work. if you look at one next to a 2002 platform, the 320 platform is MUCH higher. this prevented me from raising the back of the tranny high enough for proper driveshaft alignment. the platform hit the top of the tunnel. using a modified 2002 platform is a much better solution. bunch of pic's of issue and differences in my build thread...somewhere....;-)

found it, near bottom of page

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,345762/postdays,0/postorder,asc/topic_view,/start,120/

2xM3

mmm... foreal?!??!?! definitely didnt expect that one...

why would dave send me this one? from his 5 speed kit? i do have the e30 m3 shifter i could modify too :) and its aluminum... i just put up the tranny but not the shifter platform

As for the cylinders, the clutch cylinder is just an OEM one... the brake one is a wilwood compact remote cylinder and i also picked up a wilwood prop valve... whats your setup gonna look like?

260-10371-lg

part numbr 260-10374 ithink..

time for an update? sure why not...

Test fitting the brackets for the tranny.. nothing like some spot welding

my pops helping with the build

IMG_4867

Put in the engine again but with the tranny this time

IMG_4874

another shot of the engine bay/ hand painted 2 piece- valve cover and plenum

IMG_4875

finished putting the quick release close to where i reach

IMG_4869

My pops sorta smiling after hard work of putting in the engine and tranny together...

IMG_4871