• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro Project D

ponchis

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to take on this project, i can give you sizes of the ujoints

I have the steering rack installed already on my conversion but i am having a hell of a time finding the right u-joint to mate up to the rack. what size did you end up going with and where did you get it from?

Thanks, awesome progress

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys... its been crazy but im almost there... sorry for the huge delay but ive been really on it the last few weeks... it got crazy with school/work/gf but enjoy some pics...

So for awhile i had the hardest of times trying to start the car. Put a post on this site and also on s14.net... tried all the little things mentioned but finally took my ecu to my buddies because he has an e30 m3. Finally solved the problem... opened it up.. found this... cranked for days no start.

Untitled

While that was all going on, i decided to do all the electrical... never done it. Was really worried about things going bad with it but I can actually say it wasnt that bad at all... the chassis electrical is pretty easy.

I went with a Painless harness which is universal. SUPER EASY!... what i didnt know was that every single electrical gauge had its location printed through out the wire.

looks messy but thats because i undid it... took out several wires since i wasnt going to use them all

Untitled

Untitled

Ordered some rims and tires... really want some good grip

16x8.25 0 offset

Falken 615k 205/40-16

Untitled

Picked up a Moroso switch panel

Untitled

Also worked a bit on the fuel system...

Went with aeroquip hoses... theyre e85 ready which im pretty sure thats what ill run anyway. Feed line is an-08 and return is an-06

Untitled

Made a custom fuel rail... why not? added an AN male bung

Untitled

Tested it, no leaks... and free RC injectors... sounds good to mee

Untitled

Also purchased a surge tank just to keep things on the safe side with the FI... Hold my 044 pump and works as a tank... good stuff. Also e85 ready, made by Integrated Engineering... they sell a dual 044 too... check their stuff out.

Untitled

Heres a teaser from awhile ago

Untitled

Ill update some more tomorrow or the next day... still have much to post!

Also if you happen to have instagram, follow me... i usually post daily/weekly updates.. nivek831

Intergrated Eng makes nice stuff. that surge tank has been on my list of things to add for a while. have not really found i have needed it on track yet. i can run a stock tank well below a quarter before first hints of a pick up problem. (stock S14 fuel pump setup with low pressure pump in tank and HP pump in trunk.)

2xM3

I cant wait to shred some tires! Its getting there and pretty fast too..

I wasnt 100% sure i needed the surge tank because i also have a fuel cell with foam inside. But because drift cars are constantly transitioning from side to side. Ive read a few horror stories posted online about not getting fuel with FI setups making the engines run really lean.

So yea, i guess im on the safe side

• 3 weeks later...

More updates...

Replaced the ECU and with warranty

Untitled

Made the fuel lines

Untitled

Still need another pump in there but minor changes

Untitled

got my tires mounted... running falken 615k in the front and falken 912s in the rear... half the price for a few runs... approved by me

Untitled

Untitled

Took her down

Untitled

Needs some fender rolling and pulling... but might do flares in the rear

Untitled

Not low enough?

Untitled

• 10 months later...