• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SFbay2002 ... knock knock

BBL70

trying to contact this guys for a test drive .. SFbay2002 .. I don't think we wants to sell

Typical of most these days to not be available. They don't want to be bothered with questions nor do they want to really work at something as simple as selling a car.

That was Baboon's (FAQ'r) car I believe. Perhaps PM him to find out about the car.

There are others to be had.

But what do I know

trying to contact this guys for a test drive .. SFbay2002 .. I don't think we wants to sell

Typical of most these days to not be available. They don't want to be bothered with questions nor do they want to really work at something as simple as selling a car.

That was Baboon's (FAQ'r) car I believe. Perhaps PM him to find out about the car.

There are others to be had.

PM, email, call, eBay email, no response, just want to test drive before making offer.

FYI

When it was for sale last year, it was stated as having 145k mileage, and the motor was rebuilt at 120k.

something wrong, now the car has 36,540, also he is saying ... "It is a '72 with a later '73 engine" how come is 1 bbl ..... 73 has 2 bbl carb right? .. I am thinking to let this one go

From the ebay description:

"It has made many trips back and forth (50+ miles) with no problems, but the car is experiencing a carb problem I believe and just not willing to tackle at this time."

So, is there a problem or not??

Based on the description, this guy knows very little about this car and possibly cars in general.

71, flat black

Beat to fit, paint to match.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

"Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem" - Ronald Reagan

I have not checked the Forum or email that this is attached to for awhile. Let me clear the air on some of this because I see I am being blasted on here for no reason.

Last month I posted the ’72 Auto for sale on here for my friend. She did not want to do it on her own and I helped her buy it the first time around when it was for sale last year. I posted here first because I did not want to list it on CL or EBAY because I know the kind of hassle you deal with. There were a few hits on here but nothing much. I responded to everyone at that time, including you Correa. When you wrote, I called you, talked with you on the phone and told you everything I could about the car. I told you where I had it parked at that time and said to please go by and see it first and if you liked what you saw, I could try to find a time to meet you. Never called back. I said I was concerned about driving it because it stalled on me.

Fast forward, posted it for a week on CL. Nothing but dumbshits offering low ball offers. Let that expire, posted it on eBay. What happens then, Correa emails me on eBay, asked me the same fucking questions as when I had it on the Forum here. I had the same listing with the same pictures on eBay. Figure it out, shit, nothing changed. The seller it was bought from did not quite disclose everything about the car. I listed the mileage as listed on the odometer. I wouldn’t believe it if you told me that it was rebuilt 25K ago.

I told you what my lowest price was. I did not want to take your $2500 offer sight unseen. I don’t care about how much it will cost you to get this done or get that done. If you think it is too high, don’t buy it. Everyone else that inquired on the car came to take a look. People explained why it was not for them and I appreciated the honesty. I did not try to deceive anyone on here or elsewhere about the car. Did I know everything, no. Maybe I have been mistaken on something? Absolutely.

I even responded to your question on eBay! And you said to contact you if it did not sell?

All of this shit over a $3K car.

I have not checked the Forum or email that this is attached to for awhile. Let me clear the air on some of this because I see I am being blasted on here for no reason.

Last month I posted the ’72 Auto for sale on here for my friend. She did not want to do it on her own and I helped her buy it the first time around when it was for sale last year. I posted here first because I did not want to list it on CL or EBAY because I know the kind of hassle you deal with. There were a few hits on here but nothing much. I responded to everyone at that time, including you Correa. When you wrote, I called you, talked with you on the phone and told you everything I could about the car. I told you where I had it parked at that time and said to please go by and see it first and if you liked what you saw, I could try to find a time to meet you. Never called back. I said I was concerned about driving it because it stalled on me.

Fast forward, posted it for a week on CL. Nothing but dumbshits offering low ball offers. Let that expire, posted it on eBay. What happens then, Correa emails me on eBay, asked me the same fucking questions as when I had it on the Forum here. I had the same listing with the same pictures on eBay. Figure it out, shit, nothing changed. The seller it was bought from did not quite disclose everything about the car. I listed the mileage as listed on the odometer. I wouldn’t believe it if you told me that it was rebuilt 25K ago.

I told you what my lowest price was. I did not want to take your $2500 offer sight unseen. I don’t care about how much it will cost you to get this done or get that done. If you think it is too high, don’t buy it. Everyone else that inquired on the car came to take a look. People explained why it was not for them and I appreciated the honesty. I did not try to deceive anyone on here or elsewhere about the car. Did I know everything, no. Maybe I have been mistaken on something? Absolutely.

I even responded to your question on eBay! And you said to contact you if it did not sell?

All of this shit over a $3K car.

......................atta boy - there some balls for you!

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano