• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

local junk yard visit..

auggiemize

Looked at a not rusty Subaru 360 deluxe sedan today...anyone here know or care anything about them except for our friend in WAKE FOREST, NC...any thoughts David?..Not an Isetta, but kinda neat in a put it in the back of the truck kind of way...Oddly, a paint and body shop about a quarter of a mile east has a Freeway (is that right?..) and two excellent Honda 600's in the front lobby showrooom...and there is an Ebay Subaru 360 delivery truck also in town...may have to see that this weekend...

The 360 sedan will fit through the basement French doors, and my wife is headed to the beach Sat morning...do you think that she would notice? Its just the right size for our Pyrnees mix for a cozy dog bed...

By the way, I went to "their" website, and it's $8 to join or you can't even ask a question...bummed...

Dave V. in NC

DO YOU HAVE PICTURES ?

A NC FREEWAY THAT I WAS NOT AWARE OF . THAT's GREAT !

13 OF THEM WERE SOLD HERE AS NEW CARS .

I KNEW THE GUY WHO HAD THE ONE IN RALEIGH BACK IN THE DAY .

I HAVE HAD 4 SUBARU 360's . THEY ARE NEAT LITTLE CARS

AND SOME COOL DEVELOPMENT WORK HAS BEEN DONE TO IMPROVE THE ENGINES . ( THEY ARE TWO-STROKES )

A FEW YEARS AGO MY WIFE PUT HER FOOT DOWN & SAID THAT I COULD NOT BUY ANY MORE MICROCARS .

I GOT A LINE ON A LOCAL "ISETTA" AND DECIDED TO CHECK IT OUT ANYWAY .

WHEN I FOUND THE CAR , IT TURNED OUT TO BE A SUBARU 360 IN SOMEONE's BACKYARD .

I HAD NO INTEREST IN BUYING IT BUT I DIDN'T WANT IT TO

WASTE AWAY OR BE HAULED OFF & CRUSHED SO I RANG THEIR DOORBELL .

THE LADY ANSWERS THE DOOR AND I EXPLAIN THAT I HAD SEEN THE CAR AND THAT IT WAS WORTH SAVING .

THERE WAS A CLUB & THEY HELP WITH PARTS AVAILABILITY .

WHY WOULD I WANT TO FIX IT , I WANT IT TO GO AWAY !

IF YOU WANT IT , THEN YOU CAN HAVE IT !

I WAS THERE WITH A TRAILER THAT AFTERNOON .

I GOT IT HOME AND MY WIFE WAS FUMING WHEN SHE SAW IT .

YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T BUY ANY MORE OF THESE THINGS !

I POLITELY EXPLAINED THAT I HAD NOT BOUGHT IT , IT WAS GIVEN TO ME .

I HAD IT ON THE ROAD WITHIN TWO MONTHS .

THE SECOND ONE CAME FROM ARCHER's LODGE , NC . I SOLD IT TO A GUY NAMED ERHART FROM CHAPEL HILL .

THE OTHER TWO WERE VANS , ONE WAS FOR PARTS .

THEY WERE SOLD TO A GUY IN CARY WHO RAN A JAPANESE CAR REPAIR SHOP CALLED "HAPPY JAPS" .

reodor.gif