• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 moron makes the front page

f1reverb

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pardon, forgive, justify, discharge, vindicate, apologize for, release, free, set free, overlook, exempt, mitigate, extenuate, palliate, rationalize, acquit, condone, reprieve, remit, absolve, exonerate, exculpate, clear of, shrive, grant absolution, pass over, look the other way, shrug off, give as an excuse, make excuses for, make allowances for, make apologies for, let off, let go, permit to leave, dispense with, grant remission, remit a penalty for, grant amnesty, blot out one's sins, expunge the record of, purge, provide with an alibi, plead ignorance, whitewash*, let off the hook*, let off easy*, let off scot-free*, wink at*, wipe the slate clean*, take the rap for*, alibi*

You have to either be a lawyer or a judge from the collection of expressions I see above. If you think this guy deserves more punishment then he's already gotten I think you're wrong.

I'm not for letting anybody off the hook for something thats their own fault but this guy has already gotten it physically with a broken ankle, he got embarrassed with a picture of his car in the paper and then on you tube. You did a good job of dressing the guy down here on the FAQ. How much more shit would you like to throw on top of this guy? I think he paid the price for his mistake and thankfully he didn't get hurt to badly learning his lesson.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

the thing to be thankful for here is that nobody else was hurt as a result of his reckless driving.

regardless, the offender has injuries, a bent car and hopefully a hefty reckless driving charge to deal with. may he live and learn. just a reminder to all to drive safely and keep the squealing track tires on a track.

2xM3

Ouch...people that live here know that that road is full of self proclaimed 'drivers' and either steer clear or are extra aware on weekends... I still hope Norm is okay, he's a good guy and that's a very nice 02'.

With that said...that was some seriously reckless and irresponsible driving, especially with only one foot. No need for people on here to bash him for the obvious....he made a mistake, we hope he learned without any permanent damage. If you feel the need to verbally wreck someone while hiding on a keyboard....well, I hope you are able to sort through your own personal demons soon...and not harm anyone in the process either (physically or emotionally....the whole 'glass house' thing..;-)

Guest Anonymous

Dude f'd up..He and his car paid for it (we all have this type story)..Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

He took a gamble and came up short...

I'm glad that he and anyone else that participates in risky public driving hit an immovable object, that way no one else gets /got hurt in this escapade.

I like fun/risk but not at the cost of putting others in harms way....Not a judgement , my observation after seeing the aftermath (many accidents) of spirited joy riding on the streets..

It be what it be...

Nice car I have some spare parts...

ira

accidents happen, nobody is perfect, stuff happens whether when driving a Ferrari or BMW 2002. I am glad he survived the crash. Calling a 2002 fellow a moron is stupid and very hateful especially without knowing the facts, why do you do that? Who do you think you are to judge? Only thing I can say: fuck you asshole.

trailing throttle oversteer, trailing throttle oversteer...

hell, I even got the E36 318 to do it once. Didn't roll it, though...

which one of you dopes did this?

'nuff sed rite theyah...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Did this once when I was 16 in my mothers Mercedes. Trailing throttle oversteer hurts. I did a full roll upside down against an embankment. Fun times.

If you walk away with nothing but a dent in your checkbook/insurance, consider yourself lucky. We all learn from our mistakes.

-Justin
--
'76 02 (USA), '05 Toyota Alphard (Tokyo) - http://www.bmw2002.net

Funny that I think I side with both sides of all the comment's above. I mean it's not like none of us have done a little risky behavior in the name of fun.

So when I do something like this the first time I take my 02 out of the garage I will deserve all the above comments. And I'm sure that when this guy was starting his crash, he had a mental picture of this thread in his head.

I know I would! (Harry Carry from SNL skit)

So, yea, he deserves it.

I'm sure he knows it.

Hey Paul Weg, Send him that mirror I gave you, looks like he needs one.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

That Sucks Norm , I was hoping it wasn't your car when I saw the photo !!Get well soon & get the repairs done asap, we'll miss you on the next run.

Shit Happens . Lets not judge here we ALL enjoy a spirited drive in our 02's, I know I do . When I want to drive faster I go to the track .Shit can happen anywhere it's just that in these times there are cameras everywhere & the internet brings all things , good & bad right into our homes.

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

Hunter S. Thompson said it best.

http://www.latexnet.org/~csmith/sausage.html

Sorry he wasn't on a BMW when he wrote about this "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube" If you follow the URL just forget he is talking about a specific beast because it applies to the genre and not the breed. Substitute 2002 for every reference to Ducati.

Talked to my 64 year old brother last week. I had just bought this sprint.JPG

so I could see if any of our grand kids have the bug. Conversation rolled around to buying a sprint car. You can pick up a used 600 hp sprint car for around $4k right now. We have a 165 acre ranch and a bulldozer so it would really be practical. We decided we shouldn't because we both get weak in the knees like after sex when we put our foot in it: The car would be the death of us.

Norm isn't a moron, he's something else. Alcoholics and addicts of all types get sympathy for being genetically predisposed to addiction or traumatized in their youth. We get nothing except for some esprit de corps. Unfortunately Norm doesn't own a large ranch, a bulldozer, and perhaps a paving company or else we'd really see something to delight the heart.

Rick

Hipocrite alert! Hipocrite alert! That could have been a BUNCH of members of this forum. Guys (some of) you call friends.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©