• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just snagged an early 72 tii with a/c

congrats but NOTHING is better than sex, nothing...........

(although your resale value may end up being much better)

sex in the back of an 02?

..................and that my friend is a damn good point - here here!

People say that's where I probably resulted from.... ;)

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Comments on these lovely comments:

--VIN is 2760888.

--Color is Chaminox.

--Have not tried a/c yet, but non-functional a/c still puts you head and shoulders above no a/c. Non-functional a/c may need anything, but no a/c needs EVERYTHING. It's all there -- compressor, condenser, evaporator console, and the single most important part -- the tii-specific crankshaft pulley.

--Yes, that's the CL ad. No secrets in this community. Which is exactly why I dropped everything and checked it out (if I could see the ad, so could everyone else, but perhaps only I would drive to downeast Maine on a Tuesday... so everything's changed now, Eddie, because I got here first... wait a minute, this is a scene with Bogart from The Big Sleep).

--The "better than sex" comment has already landed me in hot water with Maire Anne ("you're sleeping in that car tonight," though her tongue was firmly in cheek -- hers, not mine :^)

--Driving it to The Vintage would be fun, but it's had no sorting out, and my 3.0CSi has. Plus, Hagerty takes a few days to get insurance paperwork to me. I so enjoy these calls to Hagerty. "How much do you want the stated value to be?" "Ten grand." "Ok, just a minute... the pro-rated change to your policy, which renews in March, will be... $48." "I LOVE you guys!!"

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1999 Z3, 1999 M Coupe, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

...enjoy these calls to Hagerty. "How much do you want the stated value to be?" "Ten grand." "Ok, just a minute... the pro-rated change to your policy, which renews in March, will be... $48." "I LOVE you guys!!"

My advice would be to insure it for at least 15k. My rear end hit came in at about ~14k and my agreed upon value was only 12k I had the good fortune of the other company paying my claim in full, but not everyone gets this lucky.

Once you get it sorted call them up and ask to have it increased. They won't say no. And yes, Hagerty is awesome.

--> 1968 2002 <--

Comments on these lovely comments:

--VIN is 2760888.

--Color is Chaminox.

--Have not tried a/c yet, but non-functional a/c still puts you head and shoulders above no a/c. Non-functional a/c may need anything, but no a/c needs EVERYTHING. It's all there -- compressor, condenser, evaporator console, and the single most important part -- the tii-specific crankshaft pulley.

--Yes, that's the CL ad. No secrets in this community. Which is exactly why I dropped everything and checked it out (if I could see the ad, so could everyone else, but perhaps only I would drive to downeast Maine on a Tuesday... so everything's changed now, Eddie, because I got here first... wait a minute, this is a scene with Bogart from The Big Sleep).

--The "better than sex" comment has already landed me in hot water with Maire Anne ("you're sleeping in that car tonight," though her tongue was firmly in cheek -- hers, not mine :^)

--Driving it to The Vintage would be fun, but it's had no sorting out, and my 3.0CSi has. Plus, Hagerty takes a few days to get insurance paperwork to me. I so enjoy these calls to Hagerty. "How much do you want the stated value to be?" "Ten grand." "Ok, just a minute... the pro-rated change to your policy, which renews in March, will be... $48." "I LOVE you guys!!"

SO, how'd that work out for her (er you) last night? hehehe

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Sleeping in the car?

The one piece of advice I give to any guy about to get married is to buy a comfy couch. They'll figure out why, eventually.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

The older you are, the more cars are better than sex.

Nice buy. Lucky you.

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.