• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 2002 - Blue Plate CA car- No rust

adam89

Hi guys,

I'm unfortunately parting with the 2002 I just brought back to New York from LA. It's a life-long CA car with blue plates to match (also with the letters BMW in the plate, super rare) that I brought back with the hopes of sprucing up and using as a daily driver. Sadly I realized it's just not realistic for me.

I'll have more pictures in a bit, but structurally the car is in fantastic shape. No structural rust (checked out and briefly worked on by Tom at Ronin in LA), runs strong. I replaced the clutch and flywheel when I got it (less than 500 miles). Also, a fun quirk: the car has a second fuel tank in the trunk with a selector switch.

Car has a few minor issues. The carb needs to be rebuilt (can do that before delivery if preferred) and the driver's door lock is broken. Instrument panel needs to be grounded. Interior is in decent shape but not perfect. The paint got plenty of sun love from a life in CA.

Perfect restore candidate for East Coasters.

I paid $7500 for the car and put $1100 in with the clutch and flywheel and various work so far. I doubt I'll break even, but unfortunately she has to go.

Thanks!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg[/img]

Hi guys,

I'm unfortunately parting with the 2002 I just brought back to New York from LA. It's a life-long CA car with blue plates to match (also with the letters BMW in the plate, super rare) that I brought back with the hopes of sprucing up and using as a daily driver. Sadly I realized it's just not realistic for me.

I'll have more pictures in a bit, but structurally the car is in fantastic shape. No structural rust (checked out and briefly worked on by Tom at Ronin in LA), runs strong. I replaced the clutch and flywheel when I got it (less than 500 miles). Also, a fun quirk: the car has a second fuel tank in the trunk with a selector switch.

Car has a few minor issues. The carb needs to be rebuilt (can do that before delivery if preferred) and the driver's door lock is broken. Instrument panel needs to be grounded. Interior is in decent shape but not perfect. The paint got plenty of sun love from a life in CA.

Perfect restore candidate for East Coasters.

I paid $7500 for the car and put $1100 in with the clutch and flywheel and various work so far. I doubt I'll break even, but unfortunately she has to go.

Thanks!

unless you live under a bridge and want potential buyers to get in touch with you, do us all a favor, put your email info in your profile and list contact info in your ad

how am i supposed to ask about the car when i don't have a clue how to reach you...