• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 / Green / 2.3L

MrNvgtr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

I've disclosed the following details to everyone who's contacted me with interest in the car, but I'm going to try to make it easier on myself and post it here. Contrary to how it appears in the photos, this car was not professionally restored, and there are a few remaining issues as I touched on above. Since I sort of ran out of steam (to keep it light and brief) on this car, here's the remaining issues that I think you should know.

- The e30 shift lever is missing its upper half.  I can't recall exactly how I ended up with only half a shift lever, but I never got around to sourcing the other major piece and figuring out how to mate the two halves; not as easy as you'd think.  It currently just has a generic shift knob attached to the top.  It functions fine, but you'd want to eventually put together a correct length e30 shift lever and knob for better ergonomics; plus you'll be able to install the correct rubber shift lever boot that should be there as well.

- The speedo is off somehow.  It works, but reads about 10 mph off if I recall correctly.  This is something likely easily repaired by a speedometer repair shop.

- The tachometer is not connected.  Since we did a 5-speed swap, this was something I never got around to finding a solution for, since the 5-speed from an e30 and the tachometer from a 2002 were not originally compatible.  There's a way to fix it, but it probably requires work by a speedometer repair shop to make it compatible.

- The front seats currently don't lock into the fore/aft adjustment position.  This had never bothered me as I'm fairly tall and just had it adjusted all the way back with no issues.  However, a fairly short man recently test drove the car and I was reminded of the issue when he tried to adjust the seat forward and it wouldn't lock in place.

Also, here's an additional video I just created for someone else who wanted more footage of the car running and more shots of the interior.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

• 3 weeks later...

Sold! Yeah, I lost big time with this car, but it's been a long road, and I'm just happy to be moving on. It's going to a new owner in NH.

on that video you posted on youtube i could here a screatching sound when you shift gears what is that noise?

Not sure exactly what you're referring to. The only thing I think it could be is the intake, which makes a chirping sound with the air under hard acceleration.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot