• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth? Should I go and snag it? 1970 02

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Driving around yesterday I found an 02 for sale. Guy has no idea how much he wants for it. It looks like crap from the outside but it is completely stock. The interior is decent and he says the engine is good. It had an Earl Schieb paint job about 15 years ago and there is surface rust forming all over the place. The floors and spare tire well seem solid though. Any idea as what I should offer him? I don't need another but they keep following me home.

\\trent

'76 02

'73 02

maybe a '70 02

Guest Anonymous

There's a handful of roundies for sale locally (sf bay area) currently that sound to be about in the same shape. All are under $1600, with the most expensive having some suspension upgrades and rebuilt engine with mods, the cheapest being all stock with faded paint for $1000. There are better and worse deals to be had I'm sure, but these are in the paper currently and are pre-haggling prices. Not sure where you are located but that's the pricing scene around here for the general condition you're describing. Hope this helps... snag it, you can never have too many!