• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing my newest project - a 69 2002 automatic

supark

Hey, are the pictures taken near Magnolia? I used to work at Fisherman's Terminal next to the Ballard Bridge and drive by those grain silos everyday. Still have a son in Everett and have been back to visit a few times and always rent a neat place on Magnolia Bluff if it is available.

Ha yup yup - good eye. I live in the area and I always take pics of cars under that bridge near the train tracks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen a Florida 2002--most of the strange(er) colors were ordered up only on the 1600. Per my XI.68 colors brochure these were the standard choices:

Bristol

Tundra Metallic (extra charge)

Baikal Metallic (extra charge)

Nachtblau Metallic (extra charge)

Colorado (2002 TI only)

Nevada

Polaris (extra charge)

Granada

Florida

Atlantic

Chamonix

Schwarz

Sahara

--> 1968 2002 <--

Supark. What is you VIN? I too have a 69 auto, im 2530346. Just wondering how close our cars are .

Haha looks like our cars were separated at birth. My VIN is 2530150. I wonder if they even arrived on US shores on the same container ship.

Ok you period correct nuts have gotten into my brain. The chrome hubcaps are growing on me. Just cancelled my rota RB order.

Finding florida is really difficult. All the sea foam green cars I find are way too green, whereas the shade of green florida seems to be looking at the engine bay surviving paint is almost white:

P1020419-181-BMW-1957-Isetta-300-Cabriolet-501957_SCD_9001.jpg

seafoam1066071728.jpg

It looks from the photos that the paint in the engine compartment, at leat the top of the fender by the builld plates is still shiny. I'd take a bit of fine rubbing compound, clean a spot and wax it, then take it to a local body shop to match it. Best to match right off the car. Florida is a VERY pale green, and so, so period and rare. ive seen only a couple 02's and one coupe in the colour and they were spectacular. Good luck with the project.

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

It looks from the photos that the paint in the engine compartment, at leat the top of the fender by the builld plates is still shiny. I'd take a bit of fine rubbing compound, clean a spot and wax it, then take it to a local body shop to match it. Best to match right off the car. Florida is a VERY pale green, and so, so period and rare. ive seen only a couple 02's and one coupe in the colour and they were spectacular. Good luck with the project.

Yeah, the top of fender paint is almost perfect - will do that. There's a wesco auto supply around here that is about to flash paint for custom jobs. Man you guys are getting me excited about bringing it back to the original paint job..

And thinking about it - decided that minilite replicas just don't match the look of the earlier 02s. I think I'll get a set of BBS mesh wheels in 14 or 15 inch, or just refurb the original steelies and polish the hubcaps to a high sheen.

• Alpina

New Honda element is close to Florida, they call it omni blue. Might have more Blue tint to it but close. Some pics of some Florida cars including Jeff's original paint 1600

4683054885_6e5eb8df00_z.jpg

06c19e6f.jpg

49008b89.jpg

ffc7bb6d.jpg

1bb9d336.jpg

9ce97aa4.jpg

P5157386.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

Nice car! I see some close resemblance to my Nevada '69 4-speed I recently purchased.

Please let me know if you want to part with the driver's side seat. Mine is broken at the base.

DSC_3391.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

New Honda element is close to Florida, they call it omni blue. Might have more Blue tint to it but close. Some pics of some Florida cars including Jeff's original paint 1600

Thanks Mojojoy! The more I look at Florida, the more I am kind of falling in love with it. That omni blue definitely is close, but agree it's a little off. I wonder if there's someone out there in classic bmw circles that has cracked the paint formula for this. It seems like a color that would be deceptively hard to get right - the green tint is so subtle.

I am also really digging the look of the steelies with chrome hubcaps. They kind of look like they have chrome vanity rings though? Can anyone confirm? I don't think I've ever seen vanity rings on 02 steelies, but they're somewhat common with other classics so wouldn't be surprised.

I'd go Florida if I were you as it's so rare and looks fantastic. Great looking 911T above.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

My only fear with Florida is that I've never seen one in person, and not sure if I'll like it in the flesh. I've seen plenty of chamonix 02s and have always liked the creamy vanilla hue. Also, the old paint job was glass out so the door jambs and under the windshield seals are now chamonix - so converting it back to Florida is going to be a fair bit more expensive. The paint job I'd be putting on is going to be more about preserving the steel underneath as the old tired paint chips and lets water and stuff underneath. I'm not interested in putting a full resto class paint job on the thing - that's going to have to wait till these things get a LOT more desirable. Hmm... dilemma. I'm going to sit on the decision while I get the interior and radiator sorted.