• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Big Brakes & Steelies OK?

I know that the 5Jx13" (ET:29) later style 2002 steelies (Part #36111112631) work with the bigger 250mm E21 rear drum brakes. They also work with stock tii calipers.

It's hard to tell from your picture, but are those 5x13 (ET:29) 2002 steelies or are they the 5 1/2 x 13 (ET:18) steelies from an E21?

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

maybe. depends on the offset. not all steel wheels for 02's were the same.

this is one of those classic things to check. people upgrade brakes and put fancy wheels over them....and never think to actually test fit the original steel SPARE wheel in the trunk. chances are high that it is just dead weight as it will not fit....

I have a 13in steel wheel as a spare. fits fine over 320 drums AND the volvo front calipers. tested!

2xM3

I know that the 5Jx13" (ET:29) later style 2002 steelies (Part #36111112631) work with the bigger 250mm E21 rear drum brakes. They also work with stock tii calipers.

It's hard to tell from your picture, but are those 5x13 (ET:29) 2002 steelies or are they the 5 1/2 x 13 (ET:18) steelies from an E21?

I need to check when I get home, thought I had a pic of the #'s.

Thanks John

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Unfortunately not. When I did my girling vented brake conversion, the 13" steelies (both the ones you have in the pic as well as the earlier model ones) don't clear the caliper.

Thank you

SiteNamecopy.jpg

this is one of those classic things to check. people upgrade brakes and put fancy wheels over them....and never think to actually test fit the original steel SPARE wheel in the trunk. chances are high that it is just dead weight as it will not fit....

exactly the reason I bought a 5th "fancy" wheel to use as a spare :)

Or if you get a flat on the front tire, rotate a rear to the front and use the spare on the rear. That's if you still have drums.

Ray

73 Chamonix-S14 powered

Elefant Supply Apparel & more O=00=O

faq sig

Or if you get a flat on the front tire, rotate a rear to the front and use the spare on the rear. That's if you still have drums.

4 wheel disk, 16x9 rear 16x7.5 front and a spare 16x7.5 in the trunk so it will work on either the front or rear

Guess we'll see if they fit. ET 29 and volvo brakes.

Thanks John-

Scott

SiteNamecopy.jpg