• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newly painted Colorado, White Bottle caps, timing adjustment

Hellrot.

Hi All,

Got the 2002 back from the painter and we are really happy with how the colour came out. There are a few things that need to be adjusted/touched up but at least the colour is fine.

We managed to snag a set of bottle caps which were dulled, but otherwise in excellent shape. I sanded them, rattle can'd them, and put like 4 coats of wheel clear coat on them for protection.

The car is currently getting a tune up including having the timing adjusted to deal with a dieseling issue.

2002TJs.jpg

Looks great! I've never seen Colorado on a square-tail before. I hadn't been following your progress, but this was a color change, right? I thought by '74 they'd switched oranges to Inka. But one more Colorado '02 in the world is a good thing in my book!

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Thanks guys.

Yes it is a colour change. When we got it it was black, but not original. When our painter started sanding he found evidence that it had been about 5 other colours in it's lifetime.

The picture that was posted asking if it was also Colorado- I believe that is an inka. Of course it is possible that it is Colorado, because I find the colour changes SO much from different lighting. Goes from a dark orange to basically a bright yellow.

I am really happy with how the bottle caps turned out. The white looks really good against the orange and will match well with the hell light guards that will go on the hella 500 driving and fog lights. I have all the chrome center caps waiting to go on as well once I get the new emblems and mats in the mail from Bav Auto.

Looks good - Colorado is probably my favorite color. But did you really paint everything in the engine bay like that? Or is the masking tape still on the hood mechanism, strut caps, etc?

That's inka. It's the car BMW restored a few years ago to show off BMW Mobile Tradition's capabilities.

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

Looks good - Colorado is probably my favorite color. But did you really paint everything in the engine bay like that? Or is the masking tape still on the hood mechanism, strut caps, etc?

That's inka. It's the car BMW restored a few years ago to show off BMW Mobile Tradition's capabilities.

Unfortunately the painter did not mask off as much stuff as I would have liked. Not much that I can do about it now. Doesnt look too bad though.