• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Seat recliner knobs

ckeen74

Both have mine walked off before I bought the car. This is the plastic knob as well as the metal bit that screws into the hole in the side of the recliner mechanism, in case those are 2 separate pieces. Please help, I'm unable to recline my seats! :)

Oh, car is a '72 2002tii. It's a German market car if that matters.

Chris Keen

RustyButTrusty.com

'72 2002tii / '77 Alfa Spider / '79 Alfa Alfetta GT / '64 Alfa 2600 Sprint

I have two recliner knobs for original 2002 seats. They are not screw on--just push on. It's the two knobs at the lower portion of the seat. The upper knobs (that look similar) are not reclining knobs but for folding seats forward. Which knobs do you need? If you need the former, give me your shipping address. Will send them to you for cost of postage.

Ed

Ed

72 2002tii

Thanks for the offer! I'm fairly sure when I looked that the receiving portion of the seat adjuster mechanism had a thread. I know it's a lot to ask for something you're sending for basically free, but do you have a picture? If not, I'll take the gamble for the cost of postage to SF, CA 94110 - email me at my username at hotmail.com and I'll send you the full address.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Keen

RustyButTrusty.com

Chris,

Here's the photo. It's not that great, but are these the knobs? If you look at Maximllian web site (http://bmwmobiletradition-onlinecom.x-shops.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=2583&mospid=47141&btnr=52_2357&hg=52&fg=10), it's number 13 called "button." It's not threaded. If you want them, will send to you.

Ed

post-22030-13667661723044.jpg

Ed

72 2002tii

That's definitely part of what I need, but I also need whatever it is these little plastic knobs slip onto. According to the diagram you linked to, #13 is one part - I wonder if it's an assembly of 2 parts... I'd bug my neighbor across the street, but his is a rubber-bumper car, which I believe has a different seat recline mechanism.

Chris Keen

RustyButTrusty.com

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like the metal shaft I'm looking for was never available as a part - you have to buy the whole outboard hinge mechanism. Does anybody have one for both the passenger and driver side seats? These are the stock seats for the car.

Chris Keen

RustyButTrusty.com