• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For Sale: 1974 BMW 2002 $800 obo - Massachusetts

drwho

I have a 1974 BMW 2002 which, unfortunately, I no longer have time to work on.

It has 80,741 miles on the engine, which runs well although it has a slight low end knock that might be a bad crank bearing. The engine has a 2bbl Weber carb, new plugs, cap, rotor, wires, coil and battery.

I also have some new parts still in the box: alternator, heater motor, thermostat, oil filter and other misc engine parts. The interior was stripped out to address some rust holes in the floor. I do have all of the interior parts though including the old carpet, NEW carpet, new floor matts still in box. I have a MOMO steering wheel with BMW horn button, but, I also have the original wheel as well.

The console is intact, with ashtray, a brand new hazard switch and an Alpine CD/MP3/USB radio with removable faceplate which will wire up to a set of Rockford-Fossgate speakers in the rear dash.

The tires are basically new, however they are the wrong size for the car (a little too big) but they work just fine. As stated earlier, the car does run and if I stuck a seat and steering wheel in it, it could be driven without issue.

The brakes work (brake light switch is a little sticky), the e-brake also works and the steering is pretty decent. There is no rust on the shock towers, in fact, it looks like they were fixed sometime in the distant past.

The car has a clean Massachusetts title and comes with two sets of keys. I have the owners manual as well, along with much of the paperwork from the cars history.

This would be a great project for someone.

I am asking $800 or best offer.

I will try and post some more pictures later this evening.

Thanks,

Mike

post-19232-13667661471098_thumb.jpg

post-19232-13667661472838_thumb.jpg

post-19232-13667661474419_thumb.jpg

post-19232-13667661476191_thumb.jpg

post-19232-13667661477897_thumb.jpg

Guest Anonymous

is the 2002 available? location/shipping information.

Thanks, Daniel

910-547-1728

Carolina Beach North Carolina 28428

CBBC

Carolina BEach BMW Club

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, this car is still available. My apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I've been very busy.

The price has dropped from $1500 to $800

If interested, please call me at 774-273-THREE-ONE-EIGHT-EIGHT and leave me a message if I do not answer. I will get back to you more promptly that way than here in the forums.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...