• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aardvarc Door Panels...

1972_Targa

Considering buying a pair of Dave's wood door panels. How does the upper trim attach? The original panels have a curvature on top that allows the trim to clip on. Thanks in advance.

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

they work pretty much exactly the same way as the original masonite board you'd be replacing. same holes for the tabs in the upper piece, etc. it will make sense to you once you see it, there were no mysteries when i replaced mine. the hardest part is the mylar shiny strips...

r

i

Considering buying a pair of Dave's wood door panels. How does the upper trim attach? The original panels have a curvature on top that allows the trim to clip on. Thanks in advance.

i just did these this past week on my door cards. it was much easier than i.expected.and.the outcome is like new door.cards.

Youre just replacing the board inside and pressing it down with the metal clips atop the card.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.

On the back of the original door card you will see holes at the upper edge. The trim piece has metal barbs that stick through the hole and were folded over to hold the trim to the card.

If your fiberboard card is really bad, the upper trim will just pull away from the card. With the old fiberboard out of the way it is easier to grip the barbs with needle nose pliers. Straighten the barbs so they will fit through the holes on the new boards. Once in place, bend the barbs back down.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Quality replacement product... better than the original !

Works just like OEM !

Actually, I bought a set and coated them in Marine Varnish to prevent any future warping.

Then acquired a set of Leather-covered Door Panels on Aadvark backing boards and sold my varnished ones.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Seems to me that some years back there was a post which indicated that some of the plastic clips from Honda's were longer and made the connection a bit easier. Over the years I've made several purchases from Dave and all have been good product and a pleasant experience.

Seems to me that some years back there was a post which indicated that some of the plastic clips from Honda's were longer and made the connection a bit easier. Over the years I've made several purchases from Dave and all have been good product and a pleasant experience.

I replaced the window regulator in my Y2K Accord Coupe last December and thought the door panel clips looked similar to the BMW Green ones.

IMG_6704.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"