• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought an 02

LarryS

Running tii

Air cleaner intact

Body in what appears to be great condition

Sweet, period correct wheels

Nice stance

Decent interior

Checks out during ppi

Starts and runs

15 miles from home

$4k

Jackpot!

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the warm welcome and advise everybody. I'm sure I'll be hounding you guys as I am definitely not a mechanic, just a 02 lover.

Did you take it to Bert's for the PPI? I was there earlier yesterday.

Email me the VIN and I'll add you (& the car) to my list.lescartwright at juno.com

I did take it to Bert's for the PPI around noon. His shop is about a 1/2 mile from my house. I send you an email with the vin.

Larry.

Nice score, and with original alloys!

Let's try to get the SA guys together for a brew when you get it going......

For sure. If we get all the SA guys together, we might be able to fill a booth...lol.

something about it resonated as an honestly described car

Yeah, probably when he said it had close to 300,000 miles on it..lol

72 Tii

Great car! It sounds like it went to the right buyer too!

Let me know when you have a meeting and I may be able to hook up as well.

~Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

The car found you.

And nicely, the PO's will get to see it around.

Now, go lock yourself in a room for a few days.

It sounds like you've used up your quota of luck/Karma/divine intervention for at least a good while. Steer clear of black cats and ladders and mirrors.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Looks like even a better deal than mine was last month, and I didn't think that was possible!

The new book The Best Of The Hack Mechanic available at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0998950742, inscribed copies of all books available at www.robsiegel.com

1972 tii (Louie), 1973 2002 (Hampton), 1975 ti tribute (Bertha), 1972 Bavaria, 1973 3.0CSi, 1979 Euro 635CSi, 1988 FrankenThirty 325is, 1999 M Coupe, 1999 Z3, 2003 530i sport, 1974 Lotus Europa Twin Cam Special (I know, I know...)

If you need the plastic runners I have a set from a '72 but I have no idea what the price should be.

I think they are all alike so tell me which ones.

I am not on the board a whole lot of late but you can email me at

n y chart at hot m a i l dot com

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Yes, I know their not factory, made from steel instead of plastic. But I needed some asap and these were $180 less than mobil tradition and I ordered them before I saw Anschauer's post. If I come across some from the factory in the future, I'll pick them up but for now, I wanna get it on the road.

72 Tii

to like?

Have fun with it, but take others advice and replace all the plastic fuel lines--that K-fish pump puts out a lotta PSI and you don't want an old line splitting and spraying fuel all over the hot engine.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite