• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just bought an 02

LarryS

Any ideas on where to buy the belts, hoses, fuel/oil lines, etc, etc?

BMW of San Antonio. Parts guys there were always helpful for me. They'll have belts, soft fuel line, clamps, brake fluid, coolant, etc in stock. Or BLUNT. Do a few searches & you'll learn where to buy what, and what to buy two of.

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Larry.

I'd start putting a list of parts that you need together and then get online to check prices; goto realoem.com to get part numbers.

I use AutohausAZ, Bavauto, Blunt and as they support the FAQ, are really knowledgeable and are price competitive. I even to go Amazon every now and then as they have 2 day free shipping if you're a Prime member.... Locally, try the Buggy Warehouse they can get parts same/next day. (210) 533-8056.

Also, spend some time on the braking system, lift up the car, take off the wheels and check the wheel cylinders on all four corners. Going is nice, but stopping is nicer.....

You'll also want to blow out the fuel lines if it's been sitting a while, that or you're going to be changing out fuel filters with some regularity. Same for the gas tank.

Hope this helps. Have fun and be patient......

Gil. Hernandez
'73 2002 - Fjord Blue
Austin, TX

blunttech.com

Steve is THE BEST!!

Congrats on the car! I picked mine up several years ago from DFW and brought her to Pittsburgh. No she doesn't go out in the snow, just looks at it from inside the garage.

best of luck

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0