• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Race radiator from Civic in 2002? DONE!

OK, It has been done!

-Aluminum Honda Civic Radiator

-Lower '99 civic DX hose

-Custom aluminium brackets installed.

- Electric fan in front of radiator

- Deleated the mechanical red fan.

I drove the car very hard for a good 30 minutes at night in hot, sticky Florida with no issues. It never made it to "half way" on the stock temp gauge. Waiting for rain to clear so I can do a daytime test..

Summer heat in Florida will test this thing !!!

Thanks to Curtis at WTF Motorsports for the install and custom brackets. He is working on some cleaner looking top brackets but we now have the clear idea of how to do this install. Look for a full pic gallery and "radiator kit" coming soon from WTF.

aluminumradiator.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 2 weeks later...

What Radiator is that? My son is a mechanic for an Acura dealer and has a 200+hp civic with a mishimoto or whatever the name was and has had noting but problems with the temp getting hot.

thx

Russ

1970 Grey 02 (the never ending project)
2007 328xi coupe (DD)

and a couple hondas for the kid.

Hey guys, I have not driven the car at all..Tropical storm Debby took her time passing Florida. I will have it out tonight for an Hour trip just before night fall. It will still be in the 90's. The rad is from Ebay ..I typed in 1999 Civic Aluminum Radiator and Ordered it...No Name.... I will have more pics and a report up soon

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I have driven my car a bunch in the last 3-4 weeks. 95+ degree temps with 100% humidity with NO issues. Even when I push it hard through the backroad twisties I can't get it above half way on the stock gauge. We are working on new brackets for the to for a cleaner look but other than that it is all done.. I will get some more pics up ASAP.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

Is there a DIY write-up for wiring up an electric fan and getting rid of the mechanical fan? Parts used, etc?

I'm extremely interested in doing this very very soon.

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

Hey all, the fan is wired on all the time when ignition is to the run position. The fan is mounted to the front of the new aluminum radiator, grounded with one wire up front to the body for a ground and then just one power wire to switched power within the cabin. New brackets coming up soon so it looks more finished and then we can start selling a kit. Please email me if interested.

***TEASER***

vx4p1.jpg

• 3 months later...

So, a little Update on this radiator swap...I have been driving the car on the weekends with no issues..Last weekend We drove from Clermont, Fl to Ormand Beach, Florida for a big car event..We drove an Hour and a half to HWY 1 with Temputures in the low 70's, my car never got over a 1/4 on the temp gauge with most driving being done around 70-80 mph. As we got off Exit 273 the line into the Event was so backed up that we waited 1 hour, moving a few feet every 10 minutes or so...Still, the temp never got over half way! A few pics from the event...

Waiting on I-95

sc4001.jpg

sc4005.jpg

sc4021.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

• 2 weeks later...