• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aluminum Race radiator from Civic in 2002? DONE!

Don't you need to block off the left side opening from the stock radiator? Lot's of high pressure air entering there while driving.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I finally got around to putting mine together, it really wasn't very difficult at all.  I welded a couple small pieces of tube to the bottom of the core for the nubs on the radiator to sit into and bent the aluminum brackets for the top in the bench vise.

I used the autozone universal thermostat because it's adjustable and I like to mess with stuff.

I got this ebay radiator with fan and it is working great so far.

I used my existing top hose, just rotated around.  For the bottom I bought a civic hose, but it was clearly wrong, as it was a 1" hose and the radiator uses 1-1/4" hose.  I ended up using some 1-1/2" hose I had laying around but the piece you need is pretty simple, hopefully my picture shows what you need.  Basically just a 90 and a little curve for the thermostat.

If anyone has any questions about doing this feel free to ask.  It really was very easy and you could easily use brackets at the bottom instead of welding, I just made it easy to remove.

You can see the autozone fan controller probe going into the top hose.  Not the cleanest install, but it's working fine for now.

20131211_085512_zpscea275d8.jpg

Universal autozone fan controller

20131211_085527_zps89f821e1.jpg

Lower radiator hose

20131211_085648_zps6bd54778.jpg